MY EB story - Me and JOE

SirJoseph

Feb 16, 2014
Northern Nevada
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Joseph AKA JOE
OK...so I’ve been talking about getting an EB for years....”I should get an EB named JOE! And ‘I’m gonna get an EB named JOE some day’...It was just talk for years. OK Dad...you want an EB blah blah blah.... Well...

We were at a 4[SUP]th[/SUP] of July party last summer (2013) and there was a puppy there running around and playing etc... It was a shitzu...funny as .... FAST FORWARD

On the ride home I announce that it’s time. Time for an EB named JOE. Of course everyone responds with the obligatory OK dad and yeah right dad...blah blah blah...

Quietly I begin my research on EB’s learning about the breed, searching breeders, talking to breeders and on and on. I managed to find JOE little more than 15 minutes from my home...from an ad in the paper. I arranged to meet the breeder and look at the puppies, and both parents. All but two had been taken and Sir Joseph was available. He was and IS the best of the bunch IMO. He IS a pain in the butt, but still the pick of the litter. I was quite surprised that he had not been taken – 4[SUP]th[/SUP] round draft pick :D

My wife was opposed to the idea of a ‘new addition’ to the family. We already have a dog. We don’t need another dog etc etc...Once she realized that I was seriously looking she made her concerns known. NO new dog.

OK...Your comments and concerns are duly noted and taken under advisement – as I’m walking out the door to look at puppies. She KNEW I was going to pick one regardless because I do that sometimes once I get an idea or am ‘on a mission’. I recall a motorcycle showing up in our garage one day – haha! Anyway, you get the idea, sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do...In this case it was – I’m getting a bulldog named JOE.

FAST Forward – I picked JOE and paid for him that night. One week later I picked him up and the adventure began...He is 9 months old now and going strong. EVERYBODY loves him. Everybody loves JOE – haha – He is an absolutely hilarious pain in the butt, that always brings a smile to your face :D COOLEST DOG EVER! My little buddy.

That’s my EB story - Scott

Joe3a.jpg joe-a.jpg JoePassedOutAgain.jpg

I also like to shoot photos and video (hilarious) so here is some of that...Obsess much? Yes :D Bully's ROCK

3 month old JOE chasing his tail in the kitchen

JOE likes to visit the neighbor dogs but Flynn, the one eyed menace does not approve. JOE holds his own though - Funny

Have a great day! :D

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Love your story and Joe is very handsome and quite the ham!

Welcome to EBN, looking forward to many more pics & videos.

GOD bless!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Love it !!! Handsome boy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Great story, video and pics.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yeah, who needs a wife-YOU got Joe!!!!:sarcastic:I'll bet she loves him!!

OP
SirJoseph

SirJoseph

Feb 16, 2014
Northern Nevada
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Joseph AKA JOE
Yeah, who needs a wife-YOU got Joe!!!!:sarcastic:I'll bet she loves him!!

She does - It took about all of 3 seconds once I brought him home for her to come around - I knew she would. :) That week that I was waiting to pick him up the breeder would email photos of him so the kids could see...I caught my wife looking around the corner trying to catch a glimpse of ol JOE - I told her 'No way' you can't see - haha. The day I picked him up the breeder called and spoke with her. When I arrived she had this 'look' - "I just spoke with your wife and...is she onboard with JOE?" "Oh yeah sure...-rolleyes- she's cool" - JOE has fit right in and Yes his momma loves him :)

I mentioned I might like to get a classic truck the other day...You should have seen the look on her face...Uh oh...haha

Have a great day! :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ha!ha! Sounds like YOU are the male version of me! That's the kind of "stuff" I did to my husband !!! He always got over it!!! :yes:

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
That is hilarious, and Joe is adorable!!! So glad your wife came around! Hahah

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's fantastic, in that second pic Joe looks like a little boy being held. Awesome job!! Thank you for sharing. :nice::nice:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Great Story and ever better you have a great bully!!! Joe is adorable! I do the same stuff to my husband. My theory is "what's the worst that can happen, he can't live without me right?"

Most Reactions