Aquaphor

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm going to try and look for it also seeing you all recommend it. Anything to keep our bullies looking bully-ful. lol. Now off to last minute Christmas shopping!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Just bought some Aquaphor 1.75 oz. size at Walgreens, $5.99. The Princess thinks it tastes great? :crazy:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
It wasn't so bad. I avoided the malls. Went to 4 stores in total:
- LaSenza (do you have those? It's like a Victoria Secret) for pjs
- a feeding store to get Stig some food, treats and toys
- Costco for some boxed chocolates and a new bed for Stiggy to take to my parents' house
- a drug mart to get some reusable bags to wrap the presents in.

Was able to come back in 2 hours! Forgot to get aquaphor of course. lol. I'll get some later. Now off to start wrapping presents!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] I went to 1 store for the heck of it and turned around and walked out. I did have to run to the grocery store which was enough for me. Home and baked 3 cheesecakes and 2 dips for tomorrow. Now I just have to get the mess in my kitchen cleaned up. That is the worst part of it all I think. No I dont think we have a lasenza here but then again I stay away from malls for the life of me so I wouldnt know. haha

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] Started using the Aquaphor on Christmas Eve .. actually put it on twice that day as her nose was so bad. From Friday to Sunday you can see the difference already. I am so pleased with it!! :up:

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] Maggie doesn't lick it off .. but Daddy rushes over and licks it all off Maggie's nose if we let him. I guess that Daddy and the Princess must have the same tastes! :crazy:

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] I am glad it is working as well for you as us. :) Wish I thought to use it sooner!

Champ Waring

Mar 30, 2010
I'll have to look into the aquaphor. We use Olive Oil. It's all natural and soaks in really quickly. Works wonders. I hate the vaseline....it doesn't actually solve the problem in the long run. I don't want my babies ingesting all that anyway. The snout soother from Carolina Pet Pantry does work well too. We have that also. I usually rotate between the snout soother and the olive oil. I'm going to read up on the aquaphor and maybe get some of that too. My senior bullie has the worst cracked nose everrrrrr. After a year it's finally looking a little bit better but is still so bad.
We also started using the Grizzly salmon oil in their food. It also seems to be helping with their coats and skin, so I'm hoping it will also help out the crusty nose too :) - Neely

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I don't know why I don't have problems with the girls snouts being dry. I thought at first it was the Florida Humidity, but then I saw Champ's Post. I rarely have to use anything, I got some snout soother in a sample package and have used it on their pads. Pool time is rough on their pads...sorry for the pun, LOL.

It is funny how most Bully things, ie allergies, dry nose, etc Bella doesn't get. Then I started to think, she is limited on what her body digests, maybe that is the reason. Abby on the other hand makes up for it!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=403]Champ[/MENTION] the olive oil idea is great too for a more everyday use with as fast as it absorbs I bet. Havent tried it but figure the bullies licking any of that would be a benefit for them anyhow. Interesting! I have been using the aqauphor maybe 1 or 2 times a week with great results but Cutty HATES it. lol. I am sure he would prefer the olive oil more.

[MENTION=1217]Lacey28[/MENTION] I dont think a pet store would carry it since it is made for babies mostly. If no stores have it then an online store would for sure, target or walkmart even? Any drugstore here has it but I dont know what all is up your way.

[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] Cutty never really had problems with his nose either until the last couple years. Maybe it is an age thing? We would randomly throw vaseline on his nose when he was younger but he never really had cracked skin or anything to worry about. The last year or 2 his nose has really dried out more and I have been paying attention to it trying to make it better. Could be diet also tho, who knows? With these kids I would believe it. lol

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1217]Lacey28[/MENTION] If you can't find it in Canada, then I'll mail some to you .

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.