Aquaphor

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Someone mentioned using aquaphor for the boys noses but I cant remember who for sure. All I know is I give RAVE reviews for anyone who uses vaseline and is tired of it not working much. I have used the aquaphor on Cuttys nose for maybe 2 weeks (not everyday) and his nose looks beautiful! It had almost always been kinda cracky and vaseline did moisturize it somewhat but not heal it at all. We had used aquaphor for the baby of course and when Hubby got his tatoos that is what he used also but never thought of it for the boys. I am hooked! Just thought I would share with everyone how well it does work! Cutty does of course hate it being put on and still attempts to lick it all off but he is so obsessed with his ball that if I mention playing ball he will pick that up and hold it for a long time so the lotion has time to work. ;)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What is aquaphor?? Sorry ... still don't know all the products you have over here yet!! :crazy:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION],
Aquaphor is a thick ointment-type skin preparation that contains as its active ingredient 41% petrolatum. Inactive ingredients are mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, panthenol, glycerin, and bisabolol. It is a very good lotion, me being a bartender and having to wash all the glasses in the chemicals makes my hands very dry and sometimes crack, this is what I use sometimes when I go to bed with some white cotton gloves so my hands can soak overnight.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
OK thanks [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]. Maybe I'll try finding it .. would I get it in places like Walmart???

The vaseline doesn't really do much for Maggie either [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]. Her nose always looks slightly crusty!!!

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], yes, Walmart, or any drug store. It is a little more pricey than your average lotions, but in my opinion works the best for my hands, and obviously noses, I am fortunate, Vegas has a very soft nose and I love to run my finger over his nose and bottom lip when he is sleeping, kind of like soft leather feeling to me, lol

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Maggie's nose was always fine but in the last year it's gone crusty and I've no idea why!! :confused:

I was considering getting the snout soother from Carolinas Pet Pantry, and that's about $19 so I'm guessing the Aquaphor is still less than that. I'm just wondering about what happens if Maggie licks it, because she always has a quick lick of the vaseline after I've put it on.

everdream

Dec 17, 2010
Houston, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Hoagie
I'm so happy to see this thread. Hoagie's nose is always dry and cracked. I asked the vet what to use and she said Vaseline, which I agree with what has been stated, it just doesn't do much. I will definitely look for this Aquaphor...I had never heard of it before.

I'm pretty new to the bulldog world - I've had Hoagie since September...so I'm learning all about cleaning his ears and face wrinkles more than I've ever had to clean my pugs' - ha ha! But I've been wondering...why is his nose is like this? I've never had to do anything to a dog's nose before...they've always been kind of moist on their own.

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], Yes definately cheaper, I don't THINK it will hurt them if they lick it off, Vegas favorite thing in the world is lotion, as soon as I get on the shower and lotion up he stands and tries to lick all the lotion off my legs!
[MENTION=1614]everdream[/MENTION], I don't know why their noses do that, so far so good with Vegas's, but my dad's Boston Terrior as he aged had a bad dry cracked nose. He actually was 14 when he passed and some of his nose actually had chunks missing off it.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I love aquaphor! i use it on my lips at night. I also pick at my cuticles REALLY bad, so i use it to heal my cuticles too. i've been using it on doggie noses since i've had dogs and everyone has had good results.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is what it looks like and it is pricey, but effective and it lasts forever.

not pricey compared to that snout soother! holy moly! :eek:

Last edited:
OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I thought it was you [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] who recommended it but my memory is so bad I couldnt be sure. haha. Yes that is aquaphor and you can get it at most stores even some grocery stores. (Although mine doesnt have it) I think it may be in the baby section if I am not mistaken. They have an even larger container that I may buy now that I am using it for more than just the baby. It is expensive but a little goes a LONG way. I was also tempted to try the product at carolinas pet pantry until I went with this. No need for anything else.
My pugs nose doesnt get cracked or dry ever either, not sure what it is about the bully nose, maybe just because it is so big? :lol: Also it is very similar to vaseline or any other lotion so them licking should be fine, just irritating. Like I said Cutty does lick as much as he can but I try to distract him with a ball or something so he forgets about it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm gonna try the aquaphor!! :up:

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Wow.... poor Chessie has a dry nose from the furnace running inside and the cold, dry air outside :( We've been doing vaseline and then along come this thread :up: Aquaphor is on the list to purchase as soon as we get to the drug store!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
im gonna have to try that lexs nose. he got a cut on his paw pad sun and i put some neosporine on it and wrapped it, thats all i have at the house.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
I picked up the Aquaphor this morning ... when I was grocery shopping at 6am (empty store=wonderful).

Going to put it on Maggie's nose when I get home this afternoon! :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online