Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aquaphor

Default Re: Aquaphor

I'll have to look into the aquaphor. We use Olive Oil. It's all natural and soaks in really quickly. Works wonders. I hate the vaseline....it doesn't actually solve the problem in the long run. I don't want my babies ingesting all that anyway. The snout soother from Carolina Pet Pantry does work well too. We have that also. I usually rotate between the snout soother and the olive oil. I'm going to read up on the aquaphor and maybe get some of that too. My senior bullie has the worst cracked nose everrrrrr. After a year it's finally looking a little bit better but is still so bad.
    We also started using the Grizzly salmon oil in their food. It also seems to be helping with their coats and skin, so I'm hoping it will also help out the crusty nose too - Neely

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I don't know why I don't have problems with the girls snouts being dry. I thought at first it was the Florida Humidity, but then I saw Champ's Post. I rarely have to use anything, I got some snout soother in a sample package and have used it on their pads. Pool time is rough on their pads...sorry for the pun, LOL.

It is funny how most Bully things, ie allergies, dry nose, etc Bella doesn't get. Then I started to think, she is limited on what her body digests, maybe that is the reason. Abby on the other hand makes up for it!

Always with me

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

@Champ the olive oil idea is great too for a more everyday use with as fast as it absorbs I bet. Havent tried it but figure the bullies licking any of that would be a benefit for them anyhow. Interesting! I have been using the aqauphor maybe 1 or 2 times a week with great results but Cutty HATES it. lol. I am sure he would prefer the olive oil more.

@Lacey28 I dont think a pet store would carry it since it is made for babies mostly. If no stores have it then an online store would for sure, target or walkmart even? Any drugstore here has it but I dont know what all is up your way.

@Bella'sMom Cutty never really had problems with his nose either until the last couple years. Maybe it is an age thing? We would randomly throw vaseline on his nose when he was younger but he never really had cracked skin or anything to worry about. The last year or 2 his nose has really dried out more and I have been paying attention to it trying to make it better. Could be diet also tho, who knows? With these kids I would believe it. lol

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Thanks @cali~jenn!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@Lacey28 If you can't find it in Canada, then I'll mail some to you .

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

@kazzy220 thanks I will let you know!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

@Bella'sMom what do you use on their pads? Is it called Snout Soother and where did you get it? Lola, and it is mostly during the summer around the pool, gets cracked or real dry rough pads and I tried lotion on them but that did not help. i was wondering if the Aquaphor would help.
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bulliefamily View Post
    @Bella'sMom what do you use on their pads? Is it called Snout Soother and where did you get it? Lola, and it is mostly during the summer around the pool, gets cracked or real dry rough pads and I tried lotion on them but that did not help. i was wondering if the Aquaphor would help.
    @2bulliefamily This is the stuff she is talking about.

Snout Soother 2oz

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

@TessaAndSamson i just may have to try that unless the aquaphor does the same thing. that was a cute website too.
    I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

i wonder if aquaphorl help heal lex's cut on his pad?

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I would give it a try @lexterwayne but maybe at night when sleeping so it has time to absorb into the paw completely.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads