Our puppy comes home today!

MackFamily

Feb 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Woadey
Hello everyone!
Im brand new here. We are bringing home a 8 week old female puppy today.

What kind of tips do you have for us? We have a large family (5 kids ages 15 down to 1) and 3 chihuahuas.
In the past our bullies had no problems with the other chi's but we only had 3 or 4 kids around then.
One bully we brought home as a pup the other was a rescue.

Its been a couple years since we had a bulldog pup in the house and I'm just looking to see what everyones' tips are for acclimating and house training.
I wont have all kids and all dogs out when she comes home this afternoon, but will introduce one at a time so puppy isnt overwhelmed.
Im sure I have more questions but any advice you all have is much appreciated!

TacorisBulldogs

Feb 11, 2014
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tacori
We brought Tacori home just over a week ago...She's 11 weeks, she's potty trained (thanks to the breeder and the fact that we kept things the same as it was there). We opened parts of the house up to her slowly...She is adapting very well. We have a Yorkie, she is slowly warming up to Tacori, but the bulldog has had zero issues with the other dog. It's so much fun, I cant WAIT to take her out in public once she has all of her pokes! Good luck!!!

OP
M

MackFamily

Feb 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Woadey
It seems like my chi's always had a harder time adapting to a new pup than the pup adapting to the chihuahuas lol.
So do you use baby gates to keep your pup in the same rooms?

TacorisBulldogs

Feb 11, 2014
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tacori
In the same rooms as the other dog or just in general? She doesnt leave the other dog alone if the Yorkie comes around, otherwise, we do have a pen that we bought off of Amazon, it can be a pen or it can be a gate. We use that around the house to control her location if we want. It is also awesome for seperating them when it's meal time as Tacori will run over to woof down the Yorkies food lol. She's a little monster!

OP
M

MackFamily

Feb 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Woadey
LOL Yes bulldogs LOVE to eat. Mine always went ballistic when they saw a food bowl or heard the food hit the bowl lol.

OH and i was asking just in general

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
please post pictures! i would love to see. bully pups are the absolute cutest thing ever!

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Hello everyone!
Im brand new here. We are bringing home a 8 week old female puppy today.

What kind of tips do you have for us? We have a large family (5 kids ages 15 down to 1) and 3 chihuahuas.
In the past our bullies had no problems with the other chi's but we only had 3 or 4 kids around then.
One bully we brought home as a pup the other was a rescue.

Its been a couple years since we had a bulldog pup in the house and I'm just looking to see what everyones' tips are for acclimating and house training.
I wont have all kids and all dogs out when she comes home this afternoon, but will introduce one at a time so puppy isnt overwhelmed.
Im sure I have more questions but any advice you all have is much appreciated!

Welcome! This is great, 3 Chi's and 1 bully! Of course, 5 kiddos! One thing with my Ace is that he went into Shark mode nipping at my kiddos. He has significantly reduced that behavior due to constant correction. So just careful with the little ones!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OH BOY!!! :jump:

how did the introducetions go??

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online