What do you think (Ears)?

TacorisBulldogs

Feb 11, 2014
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tacori
Ok, Tacori is 11 weeks on Thursday. We hope to show her when she's older, we want her to have rose ears. Her right ear is great so far...the left is a little floppy...We dont want to glue it but people say that we should just in case. I'd rather it just come in, but what if it doesnt? I suppose we could use the eyelash glue, as I understand it comes off with warm water? Opinions are appreciated!
10 Weeks.jpg

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
I'm not a fan of having to do anything to a dog to make it show worthy, but then again I don't show dogs. But I would say I hope it comes the way you want when she grows.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Try hair gel or starch ....joke
There's a long time for your puppy to grow up into the beautiful bully you know you have. Just wait and see how she goes. Bully's have many problems if a floppy ear is all you have to worry about you've cracked it

Txarmywife

Oct 10, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
Ok, Tacori is 11 weeks on Thursday. We hope to show her when she's older, we want her to have rose ears. Her right ear is great so far...the left is a little floppy...We dont want to glue it but people say that we should just in case. I'd rather it just come in, but what if it doesnt? I suppose we could use the eyelash glue, as I understand it comes off with warm water? Opinions are appreciated!
View attachment 66505

at 11 wks and you're really considering showing her, I would go ahead and glue the ears. Ours left ear is a little floppy too compared to the right. Later on it can't be corrected, but now would be the time you'd need to glue it while she's still growing/before the cartridge hardens. But I agree...if your only problem is a slightly floppy ear you should be in good shape ;)

OP
TacorisBulldogs

TacorisBulldogs

Feb 11, 2014
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tacori
Thanks everyone....how stupid that you need to worry about something like that to show. I get it, but geez...I don't like the idea of doing that to our little girl...I'm sure it won't bother her really but I just don't like it. However, I am showing her. I've seen people gluing inside the ear and I'm totally against that! I was thinking the eye glue and only behind her ear in the natural fold area...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
A lot of breeders I know glue the ears, but we have never glued them and have never had a problem with the ears developing correctly, so I think it's personal preference.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
she will be teething soon if not now - they can go through a funky ear stage x
im not a glue fan neither , and at times it can be hard to remove the glue , plus some of the dogs can get an allergic reaction to it

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I have had no experience with bullies ears other than my girls and I do not show either of them. Now, the Great Danes I had for recues came to me with cut and uncut ears and the Danes that had the most ear infections were the ones with the cut ears to make them stand up because the ear canal was open and suseptible to more bacterial and foreign matter. Bullies already have so many things to be concerned about and they are prone to yeasty ears, I would think gluing them would cause a problem with proper air flow through the ear canal. I have nothing to substantial that but it just seems logical to me. I don't know I would consider gluing my dogs ears at all. I never have been one for altering a dogs appearance one way or another; I just take them the way god made them but good luck to you. You have a very pretty puppy.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
NOOOOOOOOO to glue!!! My breeder glued Bogeys ears back, even after I told her NOT to- I had no intention of showing him and she knew that. I picked him up at 8 weeks old- ears glued. I was livid! She assured me it would " wear off". Weeks later, it was still intact on one ear and I noticed redness. The vet took a look at it and said it was starting to get infected. He told me I had to gently peel the glue off- little by little- it was so painful to him- he yelped, and because I could only do a little t a time, it took forever. It was only slightly infected, and it finally all came off, but it was traumatic for him AND me. I totally disagree with the ear gluing, and would never let anyone convince me otherwise.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.