Good quality snuggle bed

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
I have a nice crate mat for my puppy Lola but I'm also looking for a good quality snuggle bed that is reasonably priced and easy to wash. There are a bunch of them out there available when I search the web...does anyone have any recommendations on a good bed? I'm looking for a bed that she can grow into that will fit her when she is full grown. Ideally it would cost no more than $70.

Thanks for any suggestions.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
For Christmas i got Kevin a 'Danazoo Corduroy Cuddler Pet Bed' from Amazon (large size).. Both he and Molly love it! As a matter of fact its normally in Kevin's crate but Molly always seems to be napping in it.

I've washed it a few times and it seems to be holding up great (granted.. its only 2 months old).

It's probably a little to small for Molly (age 2) but she's always loved 'snug' beds. I'm sure Kevin (currently 16 weeks old) will need something bigger eventually.. but for $35 it didn't cost much :w00t:.

I have a picture of Molly sleeping in Kevins crate... In Kevins 'snuggle bed'... I'll post it when i get home tonight so you can see the size.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We have several ranging from a coolaroo and orthopedic memory foam bed but the one Harlea loves and uses the most is her cheap $35 one we got from Wallyworld that is egg crate foam with a removable cover made for large dogs.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
I have bought several ( they have about a bed per room now) from petsmart. Good brands, good return policy, and best of all almost all were lass then $50.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks has never been a fan of doggie beds, she however, LOVES our king size mattress :D

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
we actually just got Chunky a new cuddly bed from TJMax for $30!!! stock varies but its worth a shot to check right!?!

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I ended up getting a PoochPlanet bed from Sam's Club. It seems decent. All the filling comes out so that you can easily wash the cover...which I haven't done yet. After this bed has some wear and tear I'll post my thoughts on it. Oh...I think this bed is made specifically for sale at Sam's Club because PoochPlanet does not list it on their website. Either that or it is old stock that they pushed to Sam's to get rid of.

Here's a picture of my tiny puppy laying in the bed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...081.1073741829.575629215858856&type=1&theater

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I ended up getting a PoochPlanet bed from Sam's Club. It seems decent. All the filling comes out so that you can easily wash the cover...which I haven't done yet. After this bed has some wear and tear I'll post my thoughts on it. Oh...I think this bed is made specifically for sale at Sam's Club because PoochPlanet does not list it on their website. Either that or it is old stock that they pushed to Sam's to get rid of.

Here's a picture of my tiny puppy laying in the bed.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...081.1073741829.575629215858856&type=1&theater

That's a great bed and it looks like the perfect size for him to grow into. He is a DOLL!!

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It seems to be a decent bed. It is easy to remove the bags that contain the foam filling to wash and is easy to put back together after washing.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Lola looks so cute! It won't be long until she fills the bed(IF she doesn't eat it! :haha: first! Hope not!!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Awww Lola is precious that pic brings a smile to my face .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, we've had this PoochPlanet bed for a few weeks now and she hardly ever lays in it. She would rather lay on the carpet at my feet than lay in the bed. I might have to look for something different for her. I also don't think she is going to get anywhere near as big as I original thought she would. She is 5-1/2 months old and only weighs 22 lbs. I originally thought she would get up to about 40 lbs but now I don't think she will come anywhere close to that weight. If that is the case then this bed is way bigger than what she needs.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
ytadupas.jpg

I recently, bought this for Pork Chop, she's 4 1/2 right now. She loves it! Bought it to break her from sleeping with me. The bed is next to mine , very soft. I bought it at Petsmart for $50 + tax= $54 something . Not sure about how to wash it . It still new right now got to figure it out.
Orthopedic bed

ZuleikaD

Mar 3, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tallulah
I bought Tallulah a bed from Waggo. It wasn't cheap, but it is on sale right now. I think maybe they were really expensive to begin with, so they didn't sell, but it is a really nice bed. It's the square "Engineer Stripe" bed in medium with the red stripe cover. Its about 30 inches square (maybe more!) and the cover is really densely woven 100% cotton. She peed on it a few times and the cover is so densely woven that while it got wet, most of the pee just ran off on to the floor, so the bed wasn't soaked.

The bed itself is at least 8 inches thick. It's very soft and comfortable and she sleeps really well on it. When she peed on the bed a few times, I took it away from her for a few days and let her sleep on the pad from her crate. She would wake up in the middle of the night, pace around, get up early when all she had was the crate pad (about 2 inch thick eggshell foam). On this bed she is sacked out even after my alarm goes off sometimes and I have to get her up if we need to be getting on with our morning.

Since she got the bed back after it was in "time-out" she hasn't peed on it once. She loves it and I'd say it was worth every penny of the $80 I paid. The cover came in separate packaging from the bed, so I think the main variation in the Waggo beds is the covers. You could be confident in choosing a different style cover and get the same comfort. (They have a "pillow bed", too, that looks much thinner.)

ColeB

Mar 18, 2014
Richmond, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cue
ytadupas.jpg

I recently, bought this for Pork Chop, she's 4 1/2 right now. She loves it! Bought it to break her from sleeping with me. The bed is next to mine , very soft. I bought it at Petsmart for $50 + tax= $54 something . Not sure about how to wash it . It still new right now got to figure it out.
Orthopedic bed

This is the same bed we have for Cue. I recently posted a similar topic about pet cots because she had started to destroy this one. Since removing the tag and sewing it back up, she hasn't tried to destroy it once! She loves it and before I sewed it up, it was also really easy to wash. Just unzip the cover and throw it in the washing machine!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.