aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
well, there is a serious chance that short nosed breeds could die on an airplane in cargo…be thankful they didn't allow you to be put in that position. We always travel by car, or ask a friend to watch Lola if we both need to be out of town.

no commercial airline will allow short nosed breed to travel with them…that I know of.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Most of the major carriers wont fly bulldogs because they cant handle the air pressure like was said.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Never would put Bogey on a commercial flight. Cargo hold may get too warm, and the pressure is not good for the short-nosed breeds. Only way to Tavel is by car, or a regular seat on a flight( which you can only do if he is a certified therapy dog).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Most of the major carriers wont fly bulldogs because they cant handle the air pressure like was said.

well, there is a serious chance that short nosed breeds could die on an airplane in cargo…be thankful they didn't allow you to be put in that position. We always travel by car, or ask a friend to watch Lola if we both need to be out of town.

no commercial airline will allow short nosed breed to travel with them…that I know of.

:yes:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Any dog + Cargo hold = Serious Risk of Death. Would you allow a year old human baby to fly cargo?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Will they not let him fly because he's a pitbull or because he's part English Bulldog?

I do remember delta no longer allowing any short face breeds to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Delta definitely has strict policies against flying any snub nose (or mix of one) due to incidences that happened in 2011 where a large number of dogs have died in their flights http://gawker.com/5885866/over-half-the-pets-that-died-on-airplanes-last-year-flew-delta

I have done so much research on how go fly my dogs because eventually my husband is going to receive military orders to Germany and we are going to need to fly or else I will need to be separated from him for 4+years (which might not be a bad thing lol)

Here's the thing. It is super unsafe to fly dogs who have short snouts. This is the only way they regulate their breathing. Almost all airlines will only allow dogs to fly from September 15 through November 15. The air temperature has to be between a certain degree for them to be allowed to fly. Even if it is .5 degrees off they won't let your dog fly.

Next being in the special cargo area is temperature regulated but so the problem isn't heat or cold in the cargo area. The problem
Is the air pressure. Air pressure is controlled in the cabin but not in the cargo area. Dogs with short noses have a harder time breathing than those with long noses. Thin out the air - it makes it even tougher to breathe. This in turn makes them overheat.

After hours and hours of research I've concluded that I'm going to try to have my dogs registered as emotional support animals so they can fly with me in the cabin. If that isn't successful im picking my dogs over my husband lol. No really though, I found a cruise line that allows pets and disembarks in the UK, which means quarantine for a while but also means no flight for my dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.