Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Default Curly has vomited three mornings in a row

Curly has never vomited in the entire time we had him. Friday, Saturday and today he woke up and vomited just bile, which is bright yellow.

He is pooping and eating normally. He has not vomited at all other wise throughout the day. He's energy level is normal. Nothing has changed in his diet (Fromms pork and Peas)

Anyone else experience this before?

Gross but here is a picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    check us out on Instagram: nu__berry (that's two under scrolls)

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Curly has vomited three mornings in a row

I should add: he gets 3 cups of food per day (1 cup each feeding: after walk #1 , afternoon around 3 and evening around 8) 7 months and 63 lbs

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Hi Nu, curly is so cute. I was going to ask if maybe he was hungry, because sometimes they can throw up a little bile in the morning if they have gone a long time without eating such as throughout the night, but that doesn't seem to be the case here as he eats 3 times a day, and his last meal is at 8:00 pm, so he should be good. Some members give their bullies a rice xake before bed to void this. Could he possible have eaten something that you don't know about?, such as a piece of toy, fabric or other foreign object. The signs of an obstruction are vomiting, diarrhea, and sometimes drooling water from the mouth. They can act normal when there is an obstruction, my Dozer has eaten 4 sweat socks in the last year and a half, and each time he acted normal, he ate, played, peed and pooped normal. He only once showed signs of an obstruction, he started with the vomiting, then diarrhea and he drooled. He was able to pass the socks each time by either throwing them up or pooping them out. Keep an eye on him, but have him checked out by the vet he he doesn't improve or get better soon.lease keep us posted on how he's doing, and I hope it's nothing serious. Maybe he just has a little upset tummy. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

If it is nothing serious-and you can get him before he vomits in the a.m.-try giving him a quick snack before breakfast-see if that helps-just a thought to try.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Adam & Jen
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Your story sound like what I just went through this with my dog this week. We had no idea he had eaten a piece of toy. He vomited mostly in the mornings, ate normally, pooped normally and was active as well. On the third day of vomiting, before we were headed to the vet be puked up a chunk of toy to our relief. If he hasn't passed anything soon and isn't able to get it up on his own the vet would be your best bet. Good luck, hope he feels better soon!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I was going to say it's either an obstruction of some kind, OR he needs a small snack first thing in the morning. Or at nighttime to get him thru...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    raechel
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hercules
    Likes (Received)

i agree it might be something he ate. that happened with hercules a couple months ago and it scared the day lights out of me (PET ER 2 hours later) we found out he ate something when we went outside.
    There is nothing that can compare to a bullies love <3

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

I suspect he might have eaten something too. He never out of my sight unless my husband is watching him. Then who knows what h is up to.

He is still behaving like normal today but if he vomits again tomorrow morning I'm going to take him to the vet (there are extra fees for Sunday visits)

typically when we feed the dogs at 8 and then at 9 they usually are asleep until about 7AM

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Try giving him a rice cake tonight before bed, jut the regular unsalted rice cake. This happened to Buster when he was younger and it did the trick.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Great advice given already! Hoping its nothing! Man these pups have such a way to worry their parents! Keep us posred
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Great advice, I'd try a bedtime snack first to see if it's just empty stomach sickness.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis
    Likes (Received)

We go through this with Otis alot. As long as he is acting fine (eating, drinking, pooping) I wouldn't panic. I still have not determined if it is something Otis is eating outside or if it is because he is getting hungry throughout the night. It does tend to happen late evening or during the night ( in my bed..urggg) so I have started giving him a big meal in the late evening and so far so good. No more leaving food out all the time. I also do not give him large amounts of water because sometimes I think it happens because he drinks so much water after he eats. Still trying to figure it all out. Good luck.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads