nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I would go back to feeding him at his normal time like you were before and give him a rice cake about a half hour before bedtime and see if that works. I think 11 at night is to late for him to have his dinner.

Oh I should clarify - by "fed" I mean he at all of his food. We feed at 8. He didn't eat his full cup. Typically, we take the food away by 9 so the cat doesn't get into it. Since I was up until midnight last night the food stayed out later. So it wasn't a full meal at 11.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I'm also not sure about giving him rice cakes. If I give him one my other two dogs will will want one. My french bulldog/boston terrier is allergic to almost everything, including rice. A small helping of food should suffice, right?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm also not sure about giving him rice cakes. If I give him one my other two dogs will will want one. My french bulldog/boston terrier is allergic to almost everything, including rice. A small helping of food should suffice, right?

Right, just so he has something in his stomach. Our vet and others on here had suggested rice cakes when this happened to us. :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9956]nubonics[/MENTION] How is Curly doing?

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
So far so good! He hasn't vomited since the dry heave a few days ago and all else is still normal. Last night I fell asleep early (ie passed out) and didn't give him a snack and he still woke up fine.

Thanks for checking! I'm still going to keep a close eye on him for the next few days especially in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
All 3 of my dogs have been on Fromm Chicken a la veg for 1 1/2 years. One by one, they started having issues with their stomach (extremely loud gurgling in their intestines ) and some vomiting of bile...even with increased feedings. Talked to vet because episodes were increasing. He said sometimes you need to change foods every so often. I thought this was a little odd but..I changed to Fromm Duck and sweet potatoe and all 3 dogs have not had any problems at all since the change.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So far so good! He hasn't vomited since the dry heave a few days ago and all else is still normal. Last night I fell asleep early (ie passed out) and didn't give him a snack and he still woke up fine.

Thanks for checking! I'm still going to keep a close eye on him for the next few days especially in the morning.

Awesome! :2thumbs:

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Well all, I took curly to the vet because he vomited again this morning and this time there was some blood in it (all bright yellow bile specks of blood). The vet also suspects that it's an empty stomach and the specks of blood is just irritation.

She ruled out obstruction because he isn't displaying any other symptoms. She said that even if it was a partial that his vomiting wouldn't be isolated to the morning only.

So it's official. 68 lb Curly has fat dog problems.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
BTW I'm still at the vet and I've opted to have an X-ray done just in case.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Ugh!! Im so sorry he had to go back. Hopefully its just the weight and the xrays are clean. Poor Curly.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Oh no.... :pray: Please keep us posted

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
X-rays came back clear, so no obstruction. The vet said it was most likely Bilious vomiting syndrome, like most guesses were. She said that my feeding schedule if fine but thinks curly might digest his food fast so she wants me to wake him up around midnight and give him a late night treat

I swear Curly paid off the vet and made her say give him more treats!

But another bit of good news is that the vet said that Curly looks like he is in good shape and at a good weight (she own an EB)

B

Baxter Tiberius

Keep an eye on the vomiting and the quantity of poo.

Baxter had a huge obstruction and it not only didn't show on the X ray, it didn't show on the ultrasound either.

Turned out to be a rubber/spongy material that is invisible to both technologies, but was the size of a golf ball.

Drooling mouth, inability to poo, and continued vomiting I would take him to the local pet ER ... not to your vet ... and let them do the check.

3 vets had no clue on this end. As always, ER docs are kings of knowledge/competence. He called it right away, despite normal ultrasound, and suggested exploratory surgery.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.