nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
So he just pooped but only half the amount that he normally does. Consistency was normal, not too hard, no too soft, just not as much as normal *sigh* these dogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Check his poop for any kind of foreign body. Sounds like obstruction to me. Keep a very close eye on him.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Curly has never vomited in the entire time we had him. Friday, Saturday and today he woke up and vomited just bile, which is bright yellow.

He is pooping and eating normally. He has not vomited at all other wise throughout the day. He's energy level is normal. Nothing has changed in his diet (Fromms pork and Peas)

Anyone else experience this before?

Gross but here is a picture

de3ajybu.jpg

I don't think it's a problem with what he's eating nor the three times a day.... I would suggest that the time between his last feeding to the first of the morning, is a bit longer than you Bully can tolerate. As a suggestion, I would get a rice cake, brown rice if possible, Feed your bully one before bed as a snack, then first thing in the morning. This puts a midnight snack, and early morning snack in your bully's belly. I have had this problem with my Rocky, and this simple solution cured the problem. Not saying this is a cure because it works for me, however it's worth a shot to try, and if it works, the solution was simple. The vile you pictured is the same as what I see from Rocky, and at times thicker. Just an idea. :)

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Just wanted to know how Curly is doing? I hope and Pray Curly is all Better Now. Please let us know how he is doing? Susan

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with Others... That is bile and means he could be hungry. How is he doing?

bulldoglover22

Jan 23, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
chole
my dog does to exact same thing with the same resulting bile. I took him to the vet and they stated it was due to the fact that he's sleeping on an empty stomach. I changed his food to feed him a little later and he seemed to be doing better. It still happens but once in a blue moon. Nothing to worry about

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
So curly seems to have done better this morning - no morning sickness (yay).

While I was going to give him a late night snack, one of my other dogs didn't finish all her food so curly had a helping of her food around 10pm. He went to sleep soon after.

He also did two big poops last night and today he did his normal size poop. My husband walked him and didn't check to see if there looked like there were any foreign bodies. So we don't know if there was an obstruction.

With all that said, I'm not sure if it was the late night feeding or the passing of an obstruction that has him back to normal today but he is definitely doing better.

It might be bad but I think I'm going to skip the late night snack tonight to see if he vomits in tomorrow morning just to rule out the obstruction theory.

My fat boy is far from starving so if this is all being cause from his stomach being empty when he goes to bed I'm going to be rolling on the floor laughing #FatDogProblems . Lol When I told my husband that might be why he was getting sick in the morning, he asked if I was sure curly didn't log in and write the post himself. This dog loves to eat! Here is a pic of him just now playing with his tennis ball

7ame5yhe.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:sillyboy:I just Love what you husband said!!! Glad Curly is feeling better-hope it continues. Hide that keyboard!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Glad to hear he feels better

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I hope your doggie gets well soon!

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
So Curly was fed on Monday night around 11 PM. Tuesday morning around 7:30 AM he was on his side sleeping when all of a sudden he was dong the motions like he was going to vomit. He did not vomit and he went straight back to sleep. Needless to say, it had me wondering again.

He has otherwise been 100% normal - even with his poops. He is eating his normal amount (and maybe extra because I keep catching him trying to sneak food from the other dog's bowls). He doesn't attempt to vomit at all during the day, even after he takes his 4 hour nap. I work from home so I'm lucky to hang out with my dogs while I work.

He has already woke up and moved around a bit this morning. He is back asleep now. No vomit. I did notice that the 3 days in a row that he did vomit he didn't move around much (usually he will wake up and move from spot to spot because he gets hot so easily). I'm really wondering if that might have something to do with it too. Since nothing has happened again to day I'm going to wait it out.

If it is just stomach acid, do you think I should try like pepcid before he goes to bed?

I haven't 100% ruled out blockage either but I doubt that is what this is. He just has morning sickness and when he pukes it is all bile. Poops are normal size, normal consistency. He's fine the entire day.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would go back to feeding him at his normal time like you were before and give him a rice cake about a half hour before bedtime and see if that works. I think 11 at night is to late for him to have his dinner.

Members online

No members online now.