Curly has vomited three mornings in a row

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Curly has never vomited in the entire time we had him. Friday, Saturday and today he woke up and vomited just bile, which is bright yellow.

He is pooping and eating normally. He has not vomited at all other wise throughout the day. He's energy level is normal. Nothing has changed in his diet (Fromms pork and Peas)

Anyone else experience this before?

Gross but here is a picture

de3ajybu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I should add: he gets 3 cups of food per day (1 cup each feeding: after walk #1 , afternoon around 3 and evening around 8) 7 months and 63 lbs

e9e2yqap.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Nu, curly is so cute. I was going to ask if maybe he was hungry, because sometimes they can throw up a little bile in the morning if they have gone a long time without eating such as throughout the night, but that doesn't seem to be the case here as he eats 3 times a day, and his last meal is at 8:00 pm, so he should be good. Some members give their bullies a rice xake before bed to void this. Could he possible have eaten something that you don't know about?, such as a piece of toy, fabric or other foreign object. The signs of an obstruction are vomiting, diarrhea, and sometimes drooling water from the mouth. They can act normal when there is an obstruction, my Dozer has eaten 4 sweat socks in the last year and a half, and each time he acted normal, he ate, played, peed and pooped normal. He only once showed signs of an obstruction, he started with the vomiting, then diarrhea and he drooled. He was able to pass the socks each time by either throwing them up or pooping them out. Keep an eye on him, but have him checked out by the vet he he doesn't improve or get better soon.lease keep us posted on how he's doing, and I hope it's nothing serious. Maybe he just has a little upset tummy. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If it is nothing serious-and you can get him before he vomits in the a.m.-try giving him a quick snack before breakfast-see if that helps-just a thought to try.

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Your story sound like what I just went through this with my dog this week. We had no idea he had eaten a piece of toy. He vomited mostly in the mornings, ate normally, pooped normally and was active as well. On the third day of vomiting, before we were headed to the vet be puked up a chunk of toy to our relief. If he hasn't passed anything soon and isn't able to get it up on his own the vet would be your best bet. Good luck, hope he feels better soon!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I was going to say it's either an obstruction of some kind, OR he needs a small snack first thing in the morning. Or at nighttime to get him thru...

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
i agree it might be something he ate. that happened with hercules a couple months ago and it scared the day lights out of me (PET ER 2 hours later) we found out he ate something when we went outside.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I suspect he might have eaten something too. He never out of my sight unless my husband is watching him. Then who knows what h is up to.

He is still behaving like normal today but if he vomits again tomorrow morning I'm going to take him to the vet (there are extra fees for Sunday visits)

typically when we feed the dogs at 8 and then at 9 they usually are asleep until about 7AM

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Try giving him a rice cake tonight before bed, jut the regular unsalted rice cake. This happened to Buster when he was younger and it did the trick.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Great advice given already! Hoping its nothing! Man these pups have such a way to worry their parents! Keep us posred

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great advice, I'd try a bedtime snack first to see if it's just empty stomach sickness.

Deanna1489

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
We go through this with Otis alot. As long as he is acting fine (eating, drinking, pooping) I wouldn't panic. I still have not determined if it is something Otis is eating outside or if it is because he is getting hungry throughout the night. It does tend to happen late evening or during the night ( in my bed..urggg) so I have started giving him a big meal in the late evening and so far so good. No more leaving food out all the time. I also do not give him large amounts of water because sometimes I think it happens because he drinks so much water after he eats. Still trying to figure it all out. Good luck.

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
Gen was doing that for awhile here and there. I started feeding him dinner a lot later and it hasn't happened in a long time.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Well curly hasn't pooped since this morning and it was two really hard pieces, no where near his normal amount. By now (4 PM PT) he should have gone at least twice.

I just gave him some pumpkin to see if it is just constipation. He is otherwise acting normal, playful running around and drinking water. No vomit since the AM.

I'll try a late night snack but does this mean I should wake him up to make him eat? He's usually out for the night at 9.

OP
nubonics

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
...I mean he should have gone at least two more times since the morning.

BTW thank you for all the advice! If he does vomit bile again in the morning I'm going to take him to the vet just to rule out obstruction

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.