Need a little help

Luv2dive1

Sep 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
First off Iwould like to thank everyone who responded to my last post a few months agoabout my dog Tyson passing away. I have belonged to several online forums overthe years and never have I found a site where people have been so caring.

What I need to know is what to look for in a good breeder? We though we didenough research but I guess we didn't because after he passed we did some moreresearch and found that we weren't the only one that have problems with thisbreeder. I have to say that I'm a little scared about getting another bulldogjust because I can't imagine going though what we went though again but Tysonbrought us so much joy its hard to think of our lives with out a bulldog in it!Listen I know there are no guarantees in life but I just want to try and limitthe risk as much as possible!

Thanks Josh

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
I can't really help you on this one, other than to tell you what we looked for. We visited several breeders before we made our decision. Things we looked for:
1. Were the parents accessible/viewable?
2. Could we visit the puppies regularly and see how they are being housed, treated, and cared for?
3. On the visits, could they be fairly last minute visits, so to make sure there was no time to clean up, or fake conditions?
4. How many dogs were on site?
5. How accessible was the breeder? Did they return phone calls or emails within a reasonable time?

The breeder that we chose was very accessible, very knowledgeable, and didn't pump out litters of puppies. The mom and the puppies were inside her home, raised around her three kids including a baby. She only has a litter about 1 every 2 years which I liked. I didn't feel like she was pumping out puppies for the money. The way she talked about bulldogs too, I felt that she really cared about them as a breed. It is a very hard decision and I wish you nothing but the best of luck!

MommaLovesDEXTER

Jan 3, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Look up SSEnglishbulldogs on FB or web page. Kim & Susan are dedicated loving breeders. we just got or second female super smart and healthy. Good luck! 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I believe the is an article or thread about this... Gonna see if I can find it and be back to post the link

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Check local bulldog club -ask for recommendations etc
Have you considered adopting?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.