Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol, Dozer and Blossom chewed the handle of their jolly ball on the second day they got it, so we just cut it off. Yours did it the first day, that's a new record.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im glad lilly is not a chewer ,but Shy destroys everything in second -we bought largest kong extreme -and she managed to eat the tiny "top" off

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
We have the same and they've chewed the handles a bit as well, but they're still fine. I also tend to tell them no, when they chew something they should not.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Lol, Dozer and Blossom chewed the handle of their jolly ball on the second day they got it, so we just cut it off. Yours did it the first day, that's a new record.
Within the first ten minutes. No joke!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor got a jolly ball a few weeks ago and he absolutely loves to chew on the handle. It will come off soon, I'm sure! jolly.jpg

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Boo!
I also got the rope one for that reason... I knew the rope wouldn't last long either so when it was looking sad (also when he puked up a chunk, oops) I just cut it off. He likes it even better now!

But even the ball will have a limited life.... well worth the $13 I paid for it on amazon though. :p

triplej

Sep 22, 2013
Ky. Near Natural Bridge state park.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullett, Salley, Kelsey and Kate
I have seen/had the metal clips chewed from my kennel fence, was lucky that I was able to find the wire, preventing some serious worrying they will do this with other items there for their entertainment. I have a TV monitor installed looking @ my kennel @ times I watch in just disbelief, still I enjoy my bullies thinking this is power for the course. If it was easy everyone would have @ least one EB.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I haven't let Stiggy play with his jb, only the jolly egg. I'm expecting him to chew off the handle as well, which is the reason why I haven't given it to him yet.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
:facepalm2:Well at least I can see that most bullys are chomping maniacs and not just mine. The funny thing is I wasnt going to get them anything but I felt bad so I go and I had two of them In my hand (I won't say I had two jolly balls In my hand cuz that might generate too many comments) right @Chumley ? But I said no they can share. Well sharing wasnt a great idea so back out I went to get the other jolly ball. Only to be eaten so quick

two jolly balls in your hand..ha ha ha..

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Definitely a good alternative is the Jolly Egg. It's hard plastic and has no handles or edges. It's Koozer's favorite and it truly is indestructible! When Koozer plays with it, he's exhausted after 15-20 mins.

golden43

Feb 27, 2014
Tank had his handle chewed off the first day too! I have yet to find a suitable toy for him that isn't destroyed within the first 24 hrs. But I will say, I think he likes it more without the handle. I got him the large one for horses so he couldn't get his mouth around it, but he was smart enough to leave a nub of the handle the grab on to so he could still run with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I got JB toys for my dogs and they are still holding up at 6 months. My one dog is a heavy chewer and for any toy to last more than a day is a keeper.

As everyone knows (or should know), be careful with the rope toys, they can cause deadly obstructions (picture long strings caught in the intestine not being able to unwind). I let my dogs play with the rope but only supervised. It is taken away if they start chewing on it.

Here is My Bugg with her JB toys

gebedu9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I have purchased both the jb with the rope as well as the handle. The handle was gone within a day. The rope lasted a week. We have the egg as well but she isn't that interested in it. Nothing lasts long with a bully.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I can send you the one I bought for Babks --- she does not touch it :stinkeye:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Wow, I was going to get one for Brie. I heard they were pretty tough...but I don't think I will now. There has to be bully durable stuff out there somewhere?!

Most Reactions