Dry heaving straight after food...

KishiD

Feb 8, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Hello,

My 11 week old by Rocky has started to gag/heave immediately after he eats. It doesn't last long, just one or two coughs and he is done. Ive checked his tummy and he doesn't seem bloated. He is expelling normally and seems his normal happy self.

I put it down to eating too fast, but wonder if i should be more concerned? :unsure: Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks guys! :)

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber use to do this when she was just a pup. Nothing was wrong with her and hopefully that is the case with yours. Maybe try a slow fed feeding bowl; it is a bowl that has the center raised in it and most pet stores have them. It slowed Amber down and she stopped the gagging. Good luck.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster used to do the same thing every once in a while when he was a wee pup and I always thought it was because he was eating to fast. He doesn't really do it anymore the older he's gotten.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My Frenchie does this.... as others astated, he also INHALES his food so I added a little water, just enouh (maybe two/ three tablesppons) to make him have to 'lap' the food instead of gobble it.

OP
KishiD

KishiD

Feb 8, 2014
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Thanks all. I'm going to try a bit of water in the feed. He hasn't been as bad today actually! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.