Advice on new harness, please

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor will soon be growing out of his harness, so we need to get him a new one. Even if I won't find the same brands here, could you please let me know what type of harness you prefer? The one we have now is very basic (nylon straps and two buckles). It's ok but I'd like something a bit more sturdy, and obviously, it has to be adjustable, comfortable, and easy to put on. I've seen pictures of harnesses with a triangular piece of fabric under the dog's chest, and others with what looks like fabric or mesh on the back of the dog. Any suggestions?

Castor is not very big and doesn't pull a lot, so we're not looking for anything extreme, just a comfortable and easy-to-use harness.

Thanks!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We love the harness we got Harlea from Carolina Pet Pantry. It is a very simple step in harness and she loves it. Size wise it will fit her for a very long time. Below is a picture of Harlea modeling hers the day she got it a few months ago. It was a little bug at that time but she is growing in to it nicely now.

Attachments

• 20131104_162341.jpg
    20131104_162341.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 142

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I use a Lupine step in harness. You can look on their website. They will also replace them free, if chewed or damaged. One of my dogs chewed the other one's harness, and they replaced it immediately. They are very pretty and strong. Before these, I had a roman harness-and one of the dogs walked right out of it-and I don't know how-it was not loose.
I would recommend that whatever kind you get, make sure it is a step-in. They are easy and snap together at the top. Look on website-you can see what they look like.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
we use a Kong step in harness, only 1 buckle on the back so quick on, quick off!! it's very strong and adjustable so it will last a long time :) good luck!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We got ours off of Amazon, it's a Puppia harness, it's a 2XL and he's grown into it well.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I like the step in harness I have . Got it from pet smart .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I think the EasyWalk harness is pretty good if he isn't a puller. The Kong harnesses are a bit tougher, and have a handle built in for you to grab if needed.

SMeyer13

Jun 13, 2013
South Carolina
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
+1 on Kong's step in harness with the one buckle. I used a small when I first got Tucker, switched types when he outgrew his original but went right back to a bigger Kong step in harness

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Warm thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge and experience! A step-in harness seems like a smart thing. Will have a look at all your suggestions and then try to find a good harness for our boy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.