is he too slim for an EB?

minavag

Dec 31, 2013
Country
Greece
Bulldog(s) Names
Bully
aaa.jpgBully is 4 1/2 months old and he is 9,2 kg.I saw others bulldogs in his age,who have more bulky body.I dont want to make him overweight.Is he really a EB or a OEB?His pedigree has come yet ,maybe in 1-2 months, but I was told to be original breed.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
good lord he is a beauty! They are all different and grow in stages. 1st year is normally up, which gives a lanky 'boxer' type look... then the second year they grow out and widen. He looks all Bulldog to me....

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
He looks all bully to me. They go through different growing stages; right now Ruby looks really boxy and she just turned a year old. Now she will start to bulk up as Amber did. They just go t hrough different stages; no worries. Congratulations on such a beautiful new family member and welcome to the forum. Good luck!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
From that picture he looks fine to me. My Harlea only weighed 16.5lbs when she hit 4 months old and is now 40lbs at 9 months.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
A good looking pup for sure!! Love!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
good lord he is a beauty! They are all different and grow in stages. 1st year is normally up, which gives a lanky 'boxer' type look... then the second year they grow out and widen. He looks all Bulldog to me....

I agree! Also :welcome3:

OP
minavag

minavag

Dec 31, 2013
Country
Greece
Bulldog(s) Names
Bully
Thank u all about your answers.I am a new member in this small but lovable bully family ,so I have questions.Thank u again

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Agree with all the above . Beautiful !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack G

Feb 11, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
He's great and there's loads of time for him to fill out. :)

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
He is so cute!!! But yeah he does look all bully :) he actually looks more bulky than mine and mine will be 5 months next week! I also wonder how mine will look full grown.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Mine is also on the small side. At 9 months old my boy only weighs 20.2 Kg. We're working on putting more weight in him though :).

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Welcome! This is the place to be to learn. In my opinion, definitely an EB! I did so many comparisons on google to make sure I was getting a pure bred EB. He definitely looks like one. Just like humans, each bully has their own growing phases and unique look. I've seen before and after pics on bullies smaller/thinner looking than yours and 1yr later, they are massive looking :) What kind of kibble are you feeding him?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online