No neuter today! :(

meganhicks

Aug 28, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
So took Dexter in to be neutered this am
i got a call at work at noon to call them! (I'm a teacher and had to wait till break URGH)

anywhoo...I call and she told me she didn't neuter dexter because he had a fever and his white blood count was off! She was confused by this bc the rest of his blood was fine and he has been acting normal (mind u crazy but fine) so she re did blood to double check and chose not to do it in case he was fighting an infection! He is one a week of antibiotics and then we go back and hope his blood is a ok? Of not then she thinks it might have been nerves or something else??

any feedback? This happened to anyone? Any ideas of why?
Hmmmm

thanks in advance
megan

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Haven't dealt with anything like that personally but I would be very happy if my vet found something like that and cancelled the procedure instead of moving forward.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
never heard of that happening, but ya your vet probably made the right call.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I know it was a great decision by the vet, first I heard of it actually happening.

Keep us posted and Dexter is feeling better

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
An inconvenience I'm sure but the right call! Better safe than sorry right? Hats off to your vet!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry dexters Surgery was cancelled, but agree with everyone that your vet made the right decision,and it's better for him to have surgery done when he's better, you don't want him going under anesthetic if he's already fighting an infection. I hope he feels better soon, and his surgery can be rescheduled soon. Please keep us posted.

OP
meganhicks

meganhicks

Aug 28, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Yes I have an amazing vet I love her!!

he seems fine I wouldn't know he is finding something! Still in antibiotics! Curious what it is!!

thanks
megan and Dexter

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.