Amazing how a dog can make u feel better

Joelgreen11

Aug 1, 2013
Akron Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My father has been in the hospital since Friday night with complications from liver cancer. When I get home from the hospital every night my 2 year old ( will be 3 on sat :-) ) EB Tank is waiting for me and knows I'm down and does anything he can do to cheer me up. He knows that something is going on and that I am sad. He will sit on the floor next to me and put his head on my shoulder and just look at me and throw in a kiss once in awhile. I swear he almost acts human some of the time. He's the best dog a guy could ever have. God bless

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
awww how sweet!! hope your dad is ok and tank is so cute!!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Sorry to hear about your dad and hopefully he will feel better. It is amazing how pets can pick up on emotions; they will stay right by you as if they have been through the same ordeal, and in many cases they have or are depending on the situation. I can be having an absolutely crappy day and when I open the door to my house my girls are right there waiting ready to play. They usually want attention but they will tone it down if I am unusually down and will just sit next to me as if to say, "We are here for you." Totally amazing, my Great Danes would do this too but they weren't as personal about it as the bullies are. Again, I hope your dad feels better and we will say some prayers. Good luck.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Call me a whack but I truly believe English Bulldogs are the closest thing to humans without being human. I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
It's nice to have a special buddy when you are sad, that's a sweet story... Hope your dad gets better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
Sorry to hear about your dad. I'm glad you have a good friend to be there for you.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
So true..I never thought I could get as close to a dog as I am with chum. It's really like he's a person..my family thnk I'm crazy for how I treat him but like [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] said...they really are the closest thing to humans!
Good luck with your dad.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yeah I wouldn't know what to do without him this past week

Joel, I'm very sorry to hear your Dad is battling such a serious disease, I will keep him
in prayers as well as you & your family. Sending hugs of Strength, Hope, Comfort & Faith.
I agree with you in that, bulldogs do indeed, comfort us so beautifully as we suffer the
difficult times life hands to us all. My bully, Brutus (RIP) helped me thru the loss of my Hubby
last year. As I care for Mother in my home, in the last stages of Alzheimer's, my dear Cami
listens to my sorrow and comforts my heart's grief, poured out to her in sobs, her kisses on
my face and her sturdy bulldog bulk pressed tightly against me, hugging as best she can. I
couldn't make it thru these terrible things without their love and deepest devotion given to
me on an endless basis. I believe bulldogs ARE angels, I thank GOD for His wonderful gift to
us. I am so glad you have your beloved bully, Tank, to comfort you in these dark days. May
GOD be with you & yours, each and every day & His comfort presence felt within your hearts.

dodgetail

Nov 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dodge
Oh bless the big heart of Tank, what a sweet dog. So sorry about your dad and having Tank is good reason to see positive in life and be proud of.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
So sorry to hear about your dad . Yes our fur babies are great they know when we need them just like we know they need us !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but your right our bullys give us unconditional love and support and know just when we need it most. I'm glad Tank is there to help you through your very difficult time.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry to hear about your father.... Prayers to him!

Bulldogs are the bestest friend ever, even without words they can make it all go away. :hug:

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
My father has been in the hospital since Friday night with complications from liver cancer. When I get home from the hospital every night my 2 year old ( will be 3 on sat :-) ) EB Tank is waiting for me and knows I'm down and does anything he can do to cheer me up. He knows that something is going on and that I am sad. He will sit on the floor next to me and put his head on my shoulder and just look at me and throw in a kiss once in awhile. I swear he almost acts human some of the time. He's the best dog a guy could ever have. God bless

I love this. I feel the same way about my Diva...you are lucky to have your Tank!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online