RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
:no: :no: :no: 'Miniature' and 'Rare' colors are marketing ploys for extra $$$ by bad breeders. Bigrod48, just because you were told your bulldog is 'miniature' by the breeder, does not make it so. By breeding a smaller than average Mother with a smaller than average Father *MIGHT* produce smaller than average offspring, there isnt anything 'Miniature about them. Take a look at a 'Standard Poodle', compare that to a 'Miniature Poodle' and I think you will understand the difference between 'Miniature' and 'Smaller than average'

A Bad Breeder would tell you they have a dog that climbs trees and purrs if they thought they could get more $$$$ out of an unsuspecting buyer.....
and yup you guessed it right ! you would probably be buying a cat!. (Oh but we ALL know the difference between a Dog and a Cat, in this case..... well they didnt know there wasn't such a thing as a Miniature Bulldog)

As my Granddaddy the Carnival Game Operator used to say 'There's one born every minute . . . . '

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I don't think you can purposely breed mini bulldogs but I think (correct me of I'm wrong) bulldogs can sometime give birth to very small bully's. I know my jovi was in a litter of 12 (I know crazy!) and one of her sisters is very very very small and will probably be 25 lbs at most. But all the other ones will be normal size. Mine runs a little smaller (not much though)

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
:no: :no: :no: 'Miniature' and 'Rare' colors are marketing ploys for extra $$$ by bad breeders.

Wait! that explains why my 'blue' bulldog has a bentley mark on her forehead and likes to herd cattle!!! Now her abnormally long nose makes sense...

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
YES THEY DO !!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

eva6y6eg.jpg

TacorisBulldogs

Feb 11, 2014
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tacori
We researched this BIG TIME while we were looking for our girl (years of looking)...."Miniature" Bulldogs are not a breed...Like "Teacup" yorkies....Which we have one of. There is no such thing. Some breeders try to breed the bulldog smaller and call it a mini but there is no such thing IAC the AKC, it's frowned upon.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
I also read that "forcing" their size to be smaller increases the chances for health issues. It's just like any other breed. Tea cup chihuahuas, tiny schnauzers, tiny this, mini that, etc. It's just a smaller english bulldog, and the breeder's breeding program consists of smaller EB's. No biggie, but they won't be up to standard/conformation following AKC guidelines.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.