Baby girl feeding

bionicrocky

Feb 11, 2014
Portlandia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Veronica Underfoot Mars Gregory (Ronnie)
Hello,
My new Bully pup, Veronica (Ronnie) was cast aside by her mama. She's 6 weeks old. I'm feeding her Merricks dry watered down food and a splash of Merrick wet food on it. How much should I be feeding her? I've read mixed numbers on the bag and in forums, but this seems to be the place for Bully specifics! Meal times are 0800, 1200 and 1800 to get her on a schedule. We let her eat for 15-20 minutes and then take the bowl away. Just unsure of how much I should giver her per meal. Fairly certain she would eat the entire bag given the chance, but want to be sensitive of her tiny tummy.

THANKS!!!
-Rocky

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged a few members that may be able to give you some insight.

Good luck with your new baby

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
At 6 weeks, I would guess about 1/4 cup to 1/3 3 times a day, by 8 weeks up to about half cup. Go by the poop , if it's soft serve or pancakes, too much food. If it's like a tootsie roll and very hard, not enough food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] has told you the correct amount, and always go by the poop when they are young, up until about 5 months of age, by then you will have a pretty good idea of how much to feed. at 6 months of age you can switch her to twice a day, but the same amount only divided into two.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online