Durable toy suggestions?

gcozz311

Jul 6, 2013
Philly/Wildwood
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rigatoni
Hi everyone- can anyone suggest toys that can withstand the bullies bite? My boy is a year and he can devour any toy...ropes....squeekies...balls. The nylabones are good but I'm looking for another option as we'll. Thanks!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Nothing is fully bully proof. Toys for powerful chewers are the best like kong, nylabone and antlers. Balls unless it is a jolly ball are hit or miss. We go through a dozen tennis balls a month as Harlea loves to chomp to breake them in half.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
The perm toys at my house are jolly eggs/balls and antlers. Although we do need to replace the antlers when they're worn down, they're one of the only chewables that can last with one of my guys.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I just got a crunch core bone for my boy about a month ago and it has held up better than any other toy so far :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack G

Feb 11, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Cant go wrong with a black Kong toy for power chewers !

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
i know what you mean about wanting to get something other than a nylabone. I tried so many things, but nylabones are the best for geno. Look online they make a ton of different ones, more than you'll see in a store. Geno also likes just regular tennis balls......you can get 3 for a couple bucks.

SpikeS

Oct 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Black Kong Balls, and Whole Elk Antlers, not the split ones. Otherwise your throwing money down the drain with 1 hour of playtime!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The gang has you covered.....

OP
G

gcozz311

Jul 6, 2013
Philly/Wildwood
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rigatoni
Thanks!! He does love tennis balls and kongs, and I'll check out some of the other suggestions. Appreciate it :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
There is the Varsity Ball-which is "tested tiger proof". Look on their site-they say it will be replaced if destroyed. Expensive-but may be worth it! I think [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] got one?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
There is the Varsity Ball-which is "tested tiger proof". Look on their site-they say it will be replaced if destroyed. Expensive-but may be worth it! I think @cali baker got one?

The Varsity Ball is SUPER indestructible!! Finn LOVES that thing, chases it all around the yard til he's pooped out. I have to literally take the ball away from him and hide it sometimes b/c he gets so into it. It's mostly an outdoor ball though b/c it's very hard and can potentially cause damage to your belongings if used indoors. There are scratches on the ball but no punctures at all. It's pretty much paid for itself with all the fun Finn has had with it.

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
Orange &blue Chuck it tennis balls, Kongs. Nylabone dura chew bones, and holy roller. Wish there was something fun, squishy, soft, but after 29 years of bulldogs, this is about it for us. I would love new ideas!

im going to look for the varsity ball....

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
The Varsity Ball is SUPER indestructible!! Finn LOVES that thing, chases it all around the yard til he's pooped out. I have to literally take the ball away from him and hide it sometimes b/c he gets so into it. It's mostly an outdoor ball though b/c it's very hard and can potentially cause damage to your belongings if used indoors. There are scratches on the ball but no punctures at all. It's pretty much paid for itself with all the fun Finn has had with it.

Is the varsity ball better then the jolly ball? Because you see how that turned out for me!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Is the varsity ball better then the jolly ball? Because you see how that turned out for me!

Finn has had the VB since December and it's still intact! So, the answer is YES. Tomorrow I will receive the Jolly Balls so i'll be able to test that out on the boys as well.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Finn has had the VB since December and it's still intact! So, the answer is YES. Tomorrow I will receive the Jolly Balls so i'll be able to test that out on the boys as well.
Ok varsity ball it is. I felt so bad taking it away because they were enjoying them, but I really don't need another obstruction with Mr. Brutus.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.