The hubs hasn't met my fur baby yet

tcgurlie

Jan 17, 2014
So, it's been 3 1/2 weeks that I've had Artemis. My hubby hasn't met her yet. He has been away at work. I'm wondering how my fur baby is going to react to him when he is home, in charge, and climbing into bed with me. I know that Artemis is very jealous when I cuddle with my 3 year old at nap time. She has to be right on top of us or touching me In some way. What shall I do to make this as easy on her as possible?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, I've never had this experience-but, do you have any girlfriends who could come over and lie on the bed with you-just to get Artemis used to another adult being there? Watch TV or talk for awhile? Maybe someone has a better idea-but how else could she get used to it ahead of time?
I'm assuming that she sleeps in your bed-not in a crate?

OP
tcgurlie

tcgurlie

Jan 17, 2014
Yep she sleeps with me.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
My advice would be to let ur hubby come home and any time Artemis shows signs of jealousy you need to stop it right away. Tell her NO! Sternly and u make her get on the floor and make her aware this behaviour is very wrong. Although it seems innocent and cute now that she gets jealous you DO NOT want to let her carry on this behaviour and allow her to become obsessive and jealous over you especially with a child as young as 3 in the house and especially in a year or so time when she is 40lbs + heavier in weight. You do not want this behaviour to continue so that it is a battle over you between your skin baby and furr baby. Artemis needs to know that your skin child is also his pack leader and not try to dominate over him/her. I get my skin baby (20 months old) to make meeko sit and give paw etc and give him treats so meekos listens to him as much as us. Demari also has his own long lead that I attach to meekos shorter lead that Demari can hold too when we go for walks. Simple things that have made a BIG difference for us.

she will eventually understand. Meeko has learnt that if daddy is home on the bed is a no go and he wont even attempt it (daddy doesnt let him!!) And the nights daddy is in work he comes upstairs with me and sits by the bed and waits for my command to come up.
another idea for you is with plenty of treats over the next few days work hard on making artemis sit by the bed and wait for your command to jump onto the bed. Also train her to listen when you tell her to get down so she knows its your bed your rules.

OP
tcgurlie

tcgurlie

Jan 17, 2014
My advice would be to let ur hubby come home and any time Artemis shows signs of jealousy you need to stop it right away. Tell her NO! Sternly and u make her get on the floor and make her aware this behaviour is very wrong. Although it seems innocent and cute now that she gets jealous you DO NOT want to let her carry on this behaviour and allow her to become obsessive and jealous over you especially with a child as young as 3 in the house and especially in a year or so time when she is 40lbs + heavier in weight. You do not want this behaviour to continue so that it is a battle over you between your skin baby and furr baby. Artemis needs to know that your skin child is also his pack leader and not try to dominate over him/her. I get my skin baby (20 months old) to make meeko sit and give paw etc and give him treats so meekos listens to him as much as us. Demari also has his own long lead that I attach to meekos shorter lead that Demari can hold too when we go for walks. Simple things that have made a BIG difference for us.

she will eventually understand. Meeko has learnt that if daddy is home on the bed is a no go and he wont even attempt it (daddy doesnt let him!!) And the nights daddy is in work he comes upstairs with me and sits by the bed and waits for my command to come up.
another idea for you is with plenty of treats over the next few days work hard on making artemis sit by the bed and wait for your command to jump onto the bed. Also train her to listen when you tell her to get down so she knows its your bed your rules.

Thanks so much!! This helps!! Wish me luck!

OP
tcgurlie

tcgurlie

Jan 17, 2014
Update on Artemis and the hubs! ..... Artemis is a traitor!! She has snubbed me for a man! Lol. Let's just say I got my side if the bed to myself, and my husband now knows what it feels like to only have inches to sleep on;)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Update on Artemis and the hubs! ..... Artemis is a traitor!! She has snubbed me for a man! Lol. Let's just say I got my side if the bed to myself, and my husband now knows what it feels like to only have inches to sleep on;)

:ROFL: I can relate to the few inches of the bed! That's cool they are getting along.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Lol ... That's great .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:rofl: :laugh:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.