cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Today is the first time in a very long that Iā€™m leaving the doors open to the boysā€™ crates while Iā€™m at work. They are in an enclosed guest bedroom which I had to ā€œpuppy proofā€ (yes, they can still act like pups), as best as I could before work. Thereā€™s a twin bed in there, plus I put their own little beds in the room.

Iā€™ve been thinking of them all day and am wondering if I did the right thing or not. I just donā€™t want to come home to find that they ate my floor boards or they got into a vicious fight with another, or ate the knobs off of the dresser. Iā€™m making up all these worst-case scenarios in my mind thatā€™s making me really cuckoo (well, more cuckoo than usual).

Times like this I wish I had installed a video cam so I can at least check their behavior thru the day instead of making up these wild stories in my head.

Iā€™m hoping theyā€™ll behave themselves enough to one day graduate to getting more rooms available to them while Iā€™m away for the day.

Today is a huge first step!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think they will be fine, they will probably sleep most of the day and sit and stare at each other and say over and over again, when's mommy coming home? You won't ever know what they will do until you do something like this anyways. Now if you left the evil bookend in there I would be worried but I don't think you did. :)

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
They will be ok!! more than likely just sleeping. We blocked off the dog we had for our rescue visit the other day and when we came home the gate was knocked down and he was snuggled up with Ruthie. Here i was thinking the worst about him that he was going to destroy everything, potty everywhere, eat a cat, but nope, laying there like a good boy! Good luck and let us know how they do!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Paws crossed for you. This is a huge step and hopefully Tate and Finn haven't decided to eat the furniture or the house. Keep thinking positive thoughts and pictures of snoring bullies in your head to ease the worry.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Installing a webcam was the best thing we did when we starting leaving Ruckus at home alone. Checking in on him gives me a lot of peace of mind when we have to be gone at work during the day. One great feature is that we can talk to him through the camera so if we catch him chewing the furniture a gentle warning from above normally stops him.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Installing a webcam was the best thing we did when we starting leaving Ruckus at home alone. Checking in on him gives me a lot of peace of mind when we have to be gone at work during the day. One great feature is that we can talk to him through the camera so if we catch him chewing the furniture a gentle warning from above normally stops him.

that's pretty neat that you can speak to him thru the webcam. May i ask the make/model of yours? i need to look into one of these gadgets!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well I'm late on here, had a busy day w/the grand baby!!! I hope your boys behaved themselvesā€¦ LOL :p

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I love the voice feature! I have the "Foscam FI8910W Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with Two-Way Audio and Night Vision" from Amazon. I got it in white and mounted it on the ceiling so it's not really noticeable and it gives me a 360 view of my living room and kitchen, which allows me to spy on all of the pup's favorite sleeping spots. You can download an app for your smartphone or view the feed in a browser.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Well.....good luck, and I truly mean that!! Amber has been out for a long time and even now she loses her mind on occassion. I had to put Ruby back in her crate during the day because two bord bullies equates to a ransacked house and I lost toliet paper, books, remote controls, legs to the end tables, power strips destroyed, gallon jugs of water knawed open, gallon jug of cooking oil all over the place, shower curtain was their tug of war play time; when the two of them are left out together there is an endless supply of carnage of my personnel affects. They can only be out together when someone is there to see what they are up to. Even alone, Amber gets bord and every once in a while will tear something up; its like she goes looking to see what she can reach to entertain herself. I swear she is part billy goat!!

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Wondering on the outcome. Fingers crossed that they didn't make a doggy door out of the bedroom door :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:whew: Thankfully, no broken walls or floors, no shredded up mattress, and the boys were all intact :) The downer though was that there was pee and poop on the floor. They're able to hold it while in their crates but still not when they're roaming free. Soā€¦i think i will crate them tomorrow until i can figure out the potty part. Maybe i will try again this weekend and keep them in the room for a couple hours only and build it up to longer periods of time. It's not their fault, they just haven't learned yet.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:whew: Thankfully, no broken walls or floors, no shredded up mattress, and the boys were all intact :) The downer though was that there was pee and poop on the floor. They're able to hold it while in their crates but still not when they're roaming free. Soā€¦i think i will crate them tomorrow until i can figure out the potty part. Maybe i will try again this weekend and keep them in the room for a couple hours only and build it up to longer periods of time. It's not their fault, they just haven't learned yet.

That's good, they're like little babies a little at a time and they'll both be able to handle it. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOVE the new signature picture... they are so darn handsome!! Glad they house survived the boys!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Omg Dalmatina38 not funny but I can see it ....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.