Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Boy oh boy! dogs can be so frustrating! Just like kids-the more you do for them-the less they appreciate it!! Looks like he'll be in the bare cage!! :hissycry::pouting:

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
It lasted all of 2 days! Hahaha and I agree. He's down to 3 toys now!!! Lol but not a bare cage, I put his regular blanket and shirts back in there. He cuddles up in all of them, it's funny but I guess that's all he gets lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Yeah I know! Lol he's insane.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Lol ...

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly will have a 'temper tantrum' and destroy her crate bedding on a regular bases (damn BRAT!!).

Rather then keep having to spend $$ on new bedding we now just buy cheap ($20) 'memory foam' mattress toppers from Walmart and cut them down to size. I then wrap a blanket cover around the foam and she's good to go!

She can destroy 4-5 'beds' before we run out of foam and have to go buy a new package.

She gives stubborn spoiled brat a bad name!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Reminds me of my Linus...he'd eat the bed, sleep under the bed, kick the bed to one side...until finally I got rid of it and he was happy! :D

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
After going through about 3 beds, all torn into and the stuffing pulled out, I took Davidh's advice and only put a couple of towels in the crate. Then a few months ago I placed a kitchen mat in the crate for a little padding which lasted about a month or less before he tore it up. Most recently I purchased a denim cover and put an old blanket inside the cover. So far, about 3 weeks, it has held up. We shall see.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Yep same story here. I had a blanket for Dooley's kennel when I brought him home and that is the only thing he will not touch or chew. I wash that blanket several times a week and it still stinks. Probably why he likes it so much. Ive tried several different beds, towels, shirts whatever and he chews or rips them to shreds. So all he gets is a stinky blanket and he seems fine with it.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber drags her blanket from room to room and never tears it up. give her a nice bed or anything to lay on with stuffing and she becomes the destroyer, it makes no sense.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Lol that's funny! Brutus used to do that as a puppy! Now any new bed in this house within 5 mins he has to pee on it! To let his sister know it's his lmao

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
[MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] I'm stealing your idea lol

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
It sounds like I'm not the only bullie owner with this problem lol

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
After going through about 3 beds, all torn into and the stuffing pulled out, I took Davidh's advice and only put a couple of towels in the crate. Then a few months ago I placed a kitchen mat in the crate for a little padding which lasted about a month or less before he tore it up. Most recently I purchased a denim cover and put an old blanket inside the cover. So far, about 3 weeks, it has held up. We shall see.

Update: So much for that as well. The newest denim cover has been chewed open and the zipper destroyed. Ace liked the new bed which was obvious and certainly more comfortable than a towel on the plastic crate bottom. But other than through the night in which all went well, during the day while at work the boredom I guess was too much and he chewed a few holes into the cover which I sewed up and then he chewed the zipper until it was destroyed.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.