I am at my wit's end with Vegas!!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Owning a humper at my house... this is what we do. He doesn't hump even close to what he used to. Maybe once or twice a month now. It used to be a million times a day.

LEASH HIM!!!! When you see the twinkle in his eye, yank the leash and tell him no. Then act like nothing happened. Keep doing it... He will eventually understand. It works really well. And I dont' think it's a dominance thing... at least not with Norm. I was reading up on it and it was saying that show dogs really are only bred for showing and breeding. The higher up in showdom they are the higher chance the are to be humpers. And I know Norms whole family... mom, dad, aunts, uncles, grandparents were all show dogs; and did very well.

Good luck!!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Owning a humper at my house... this is what we do. He doesn't hump even close to what he used to. Maybe once or twice a month now. It used to be a million times a day.

LEASH HIM!!!! When you see the twinkle in his eye, yank the leash and tell him no. Then act like nothing happened. Keep doing it... He will eventually understand. It works really well. And I dont' think it's a dominance thing... at least not with Norm. I was reading up on it and it was saying that show dogs really are only bred for showing and breeding. The higher up in showdom they are the higher chance the are to be humpers. And I know Norms whole family... mom, dad, aunts, uncles, grandparents were all show dogs; and did very well.

Good luck!!

[MENTION=1046]bulldog family[/MENTION], [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], I really like the leash advice, I will put his harness on so that I can have better control, that is an excellent idea!! I use a collar when I walk him or to go potty, but his harness if for out in public, vet, Petsmart etc, I have better control of him and it does not choke him. Libra I can't put him in the car, I do have a garage but I can not park my car in it because my garage is packed for storage, even though it is just Joe and I, and we live in a 2/2 with garage, it is packed. My car sits in our two car driveway and I would not feel comfortable leaving him outside while I was inside. (all about being paranoid.. people will steal him)

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
I really agree with leashing him. I did it for a short while with Sadie just because she came to us with alpha issues and food aggression.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.