Help! Dog won't use back legs!!

nmejia024

Jan 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Hello! Need some input. My 2 year old english bully randomly could not get up yesterday to walk around. He seemed more comfortable sitting and laying down, but when I would call his name he would try to get up to move, but could not move his back legs? We were planning on taking him to the vet, but then he started walking and moving around just fine- even running around and acting like himself.

This is morning he seemed normal, but recently started doing the same thing. Trying to get up to move, but could not get his back legs to move. We are seeing the vet tomorrow morning, but wanted to see if anyone has had this experience with their dog?

Thanks!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How totally terrifying.... I have no experience with this , but wish you all the best. Prayers and positive thoughts heading to you and King. Please keep us posted after the vet visit

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Maybe poor circulation and his legs were tingly...like when our foot falls asleep from sitting on it ya know? Lets us know what thr vet says! Good luck, I hope it is something that simple!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Special Needs Bulldogs ---- try our sister site too, if you haven't already.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness… no idea on this one. Let us know what the vet says...

shmantz

Nov 4, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Fred and Ethel
This happened to my girl too... Took her to the vet and he told me to put her on a diet. She was a bit too heavy... she is fine now.. He didn't think she was in any kind of pain, just a little fat and lazy... can you believe that, a bulldog being fat and lazy!!! Lots of luck!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
My Boeboe would do this if she's been sleeping for a while or if it's a bit chill, she gets stiff. She suffers from Hip Dysplasia which causes pain and cartilage build up, but after she's moved around a bit or weather is warmer she's fine again. She had her operation a little more than 6 weeks ago to sort it out, it's called Femoral head Ostectomy . She's still recovering but all went great:) I don't know if it can be HD maybe? The vet can easily see it on an x-ray, which I'm sure he will take either way to see what's up. Hope it's nothing serious, let us know how it goes at the vet:hug:

OP
nmejia024

nmejia024

Jan 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Thank you all for your responses! I took King to the vet and the doctor said he was healthy and it could just have been circulation issue. He did get pain reliever, but I did not end up giving him much of it. He is now happy and running around like himself again. Thankk goodness:)

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
What type of floor was he trying to manage?

AC2115

Apr 1, 2014
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxie
Thank you all for your responses! I took King to the vet and the doctor said he was healthy and it could just have been circulation issue. He did get pain reliever, but I did not end up giving him much of it. He is now happy and running around like himself again. Thankk goodness:)

YAY!!!!!

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Just saw this. So happy your baby is good

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.