Well ...

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Hercules used to play bite and he never did it to where it would hurt. Now he's trying to bet down hard as if my hand were a toy?! Did I mess up letting him nibble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No you didn't, he's still a baby and wants to test the limits. We usually try to divert Buster's attention to a toy when he gets like that. We also scream or yelp when he starts biting to hard to let him know its not a good thing.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Punkin play bites too when he's really excited (he's 6.5 yo), but we try not to encourage it in case he does the same with inexperienced house guests.

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Hercules used to just nibble and then let go and when he kept nibbling and coming back we would tell him no more but now it's the point where he's biting pretty dang hard that I do have to raise my voice at him and try to get my hand out if there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No you didn't, he's still a baby and wants to test the limits. We usually try to divert Buster's attention to a toy when he gets like that. We also scream or yelp when he starts biting to hard to let him know its not a good thing.

Yep [MENTION=10754]raetate[/MENTION]. He is pushing the envelope.... Redirect the behavior

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If he won't co operate, maybe you need to try a spray bottle w/water. Say no, like you mean it-and give him a spritz. My son has a chihuahua-and that is the ONLY thing he respected to make him stop biting!( don't forget to keep it up out of reach-or they will chew it up!) Personally I think it is a mistake to LET them nibble your hands, because then eventually get carried away and think you are a chewy!

OP
raetate

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
Yeah I now discipline him a lot more when it comes to the nibbling. Just because it's one to do it to me but forbib a child plays with him and he does it.

TacorisBulldogs

Feb 11, 2014
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tacori
We started training our little girl to not bite just last night, she's 10 weeks. Note, it's amazing how sharp her little teeth are!!! Anyway, yelling "NO" or making a loud sound wasnt seeming to really do much so I got out a whistle that I had. Each time she would bite either of us I'd give a quick blurp on the whistle...she responded right away and began to lick instead of bite. She's a smartie!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Wow tacoris that's a very good idea

Members online

No members online now.