Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking News: On the front page of our local newspaper today......

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Breaking News: On the front page of our local newspaper today......

How sad for this family!! Hopefully it will have a happy ending like a case here in Az. a few weeks ago. A Bully was stolen from a home and then found wandering alone a couple weeks later. I agree with everyone above. I lock up 24/7, NEVER leave Gertie and Ida in the back yard, even if I'm only running out briefly. I NEVER leave them in my car (same reasons as in Fl., even tho it's cooler here this time of year). I can't believe I didn't even think about someone stealing them while out for a walk. I guess I'm basically too trusting. However, I do have my 160 pound St. Bernard MUCH more visable than the girls. If my granddaughter wants to walk a dog, she takes Arrow out. I WANT people to see we have him. I think he'd be a big deterant when considering breaking in here. (Of course he'd go home with anyone who broke in, just like "Roxie" did! So sad we all have to take these precautions. My kids say I'm TOO careful, but I don't think you can ever be TOO CAREFUL. I'm the same way with my grandkids. You just never know...

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

@Gertie's Mom my mil used to have a st bernard also and she LOVED walking him. As sweet as they are, you would have to be brave to wanna mess with the one walking them. He would have protected her for sure tho as much of a love as he was but if I had a big dog I think I would feel much more safe also. My pug certainly can bark as he backs up really well but I dont think that is the protection we need.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

@cali~jenn in arizona we do not need concealed carry permits. we just passed a law that makes it legal to carry. i have knives too, but i am not good with knives like i am guns. the main reason for my knife is in case i need to break open a car window and cut a seatbelt. i live in phoenix, so i'm not likely to crash into water, but you never know! like you said, i would be more likely to give a criminal my knife than scare him off. but guns are easy! my stepdad is a firearms instructor so i learned from him, and my husband is a cop so we go shooting for practice/fun as well. i feel so safe with the gun, cause i know i can't fight or run very fast. lol!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    @cali~jenn in arizona we do not need concealed carry permits. we just passed a law that makes it legal to carry. i have knives too, but i am not good with knives like i am guns. the main reason for my knife is in case i need to break open a car window and cut a seatbelt. i live in phoenix, so i'm not likely to crash into water, but you never know! like you said, i would be more likely to give a criminal my knife than scare him off. but guns are easy! my stepdad is a firearms instructor so i learned from him, and my husband is a cop so we go shooting for practice/fun as well. i feel so safe with the gun, cause i know i can't fight or run very fast. lol!
    Oh!!! That is nice. California doesnt and probably would never pass a law like that. I am not surrounded by guns as much as you are but was raised with them and using them my whole life as well so I agree they do make me feel safer knowing that I cant do much otherwise to fight back against somebody if I had to. A knife in your car? That may be a good idea, never thought of that in case of emergency. Interesting.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Wow! I havent seen a gun in real life except on a police officer. I wasnt brought up around guns but if the right person who is trained has one I think they could definately be used for protection. I feel very under protected, we have a baseball bat under our bed but that is about it!

Update: The puppy was brought back to the owners
    Roxy safe, and home again
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Oh what great news!!!!!!! @Lacey28 Thanks for the update! So nice to know they will be able to enjoy their holidays!

My in-laws arent fans of the guns so much personally either but agree with your thinking, if you know what you are doing with them more power to you. I say to each their own. It was just a way I was raised so without I wouldnt feel safe. I couldnt swing a baseball bat to protect myself I am sure. haha

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

I am so glad to hear the puppy was returned, I would not ask any question myself either, I would just be glad to have my pup back, BUT what I would do it turn my house into Fort Knox, with security, and LOCK my doors every time I left, no not even that, I have my doors locked all the time even when I am home!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads