xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
I have a female 18 week old english bulldog who is only 24.2 lbs. Is this small? I try to feed her 3 cups a day but sometimes she will only eat 2, she doesnt quite have the appetite for the flavor of food I bought her (fromms family beef frittata) but I figure she will eat when she is hungry. I spent a lot of money on it so I want her to eat it. I did a puppy weight chart to see her adult size and it said she would prob only be 35 lbs and I know she would be way smaller than normal. She did have a mini bulldog in her litter and the breeder mentioned she will probably be a little petite but I am just curious if she is still a healthy weight. Thank you!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, pictures would help to tell about her weight because they are all so different, at different ages. Even when they are grown!

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
image.jpgimage.jpg

sorry she wouldnt stay still.. and yeah she has long legs i dont know where she got them lol also i dont know how to make the pictures bigger on here

Last edited:

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Hi - she is only 18 wks old, she still has ages to fill out, different dogs fill out at different ages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome2: Well to me she looks good. She is still a puppy, and as long as you can't see ribs, and there is "meat" on her back, I would say she looks healthy. I have one that is 9 months and she looks pretty long-legged, but her sister isn't! They are actually not completely finished growing until 3 yrs. The first year is usually height wise, and the next are filling out body wise. She is a pretty gal!

OP
xxaprilrose

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
thank you guys so much makes me feel a lot better :D. She acts healthy but i was nervous that she was too small for her age (well thats what the internet says anyways) but thanks for the help guys!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I agree with the others as she still has a lot of growing to do. My Harlea was right around 20 lbs at 16 weeks and at 9 months she is right at 40 lbs.

keystnlabs

Dec 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agatha Gump
Agatha was 24.3# @ 18 weeks and is now 42# @ 11 months. Your girl is beautiful.

Bigd07

Jun 3, 2013
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Hunter
Hunter was 21lbs at 11 weeks now at 14 months 67lbs of muscle uploadfromtaptalk1391814214398.jpg

Sent from my PantechP8000 using Tapatalk 2

B

Baxter Tiberius

thank you guys so much makes me feel a lot better :D. She acts healthy but i was nervous that she was too small for her age (well thats what the internet says anyways) but thanks for the help guys!!

She is built *EXACTLY* like Baxter. Everyone asks me "Are you sure he's an english bulldog?" Nearly every single day. Even yesterday. Others say "Is he American bulldog?" One guy even informed me I was wrong, and was in fact some other bulldog type I'd never heard of. Long legs is always the reason. My breeder says that the legs appear longer because the body fat is low. Not because the legs really are longer. The "Barrel" chest just isn't as big due to low body fat. I started giving Baxter one big tablespoon scoop of "FAGE" yogurt (plain, and found the type that does NOT say "fat free" or "low fat"). Just the regular one. With 1 or 2 meals a day. He immediately started filling out noticeably for the first time in his life. Took about a week. The reason he was so slim is because his food is very low (almost zero) carbs. Only protein. That will keep them really thin.

PS: At 18 weeks baxter was 16lbs.....

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
She's adorable! I think she looks good. She's going through the 'boxer' adolescent phase, as we like to call it. Very normal for eb's. She may turn out smaller than most, but I can tell that she's going to be really cute nonetheless. We have a few females here that're 34 lbs or so.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online