It's not always sunshine and butterflies...

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Sooo... Bennie, my little boy has decided he doesn't like the grass in our front yard:confused:. He refuses to walk on the lawn and as a result of that he also refuses to pee and poop:facepalm2:. Basically I have to either take him for a walk... which I cannot do by myself when husband is at work, cos from every second yard a dog comes out barking and running after us:fie: It's scary:( And at night it's not safe for many reasons... Africa:ashamed:. My second option is to let him in the backyard cos that grass is apparently great:ponder:. It wouldn't be a problem, but our setup is a bit of a mission as Bennie and Boeboe fights with Joey... So Joey has the backyard and that half of the house. Those of you who know Joey a little will realize she's not easily told... If she's outside I have to carry her inside or trick her with a nice piece of treat:tongue: So once I've gotten Joey inside I'll let Bennie in the backyard, he thinks it's great, he plays with the little mixed breeds we have and pees on everything, wood, dog bowls, car, grill, flowerpots, veggie garden and so on and so on. You get the idea:facepalm1:, all while Joey is barking like crazy cos the door to HER backyard is closed:yell:, lol. I'm just wondering WHAT is wrong with the lawn in front garden:bang:.

Last night I didn't have the energy to take him to the back and I saw him poop on the gravel in front garden, I was so happy, thought he got over it... but, well I was wrong:glare:. This morning at 5 AM I woke up from the poopiest smell EVER:blink: Went into their room and saw a pile of :poo: that was out of this world. I'm gonna mention that Bennie also cannot stand still and poop... he walks... just imagine:bigeyes:.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
awww poor beenie!!! maybe he will get over his fear of the front lawn! maybe he wants to be in back so refuses to use front haha they are smart like that! lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Maybe if you take something he pee'd on, and put it in the front....and take a couple of pieces of his poop, and put them in front-that will be his incentive to start going on the front grass? Might be worth a try! Good Luck! All they wanna' do is CONTROL US!! Ain't it grand!!!?:facepalm:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I think [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] has a great idea. I would definitely try it. Its not fun having to make sure they are separate and to have them more cooperate with your plan makes it even harder.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Maybe if you take something he pee'd on, and put it in the front....and take a couple of pieces of his poop, and put them in front-that will be his incentive to start going on the front grass? Might be worth a try! Good Luck! All they wanna' do is CONTROL US!! Ain't it grand!!!?:facepalm:

This sounds like a great idea… poor Bennie!!! Do you think he got spoked out front or something? These dogs I swear… LOL

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
awww poor beenie!!! maybe he will get over his fear of the front lawn! maybe he wants to be in back so refuses to use front haha they are smart like that! lol

Ja, I think he might be trying to tell me "Lets go for a walk" or something... he always poops at least two times while on a walk and ALWAYS on the most inappropriate places he can find:ashamed: He's manipulating me, lol.

We did that when we moved and it worked great:) he's got his spots where he does his things it's just like he suddenly hates the front lawn:confused: When I walk out on the grass and call him he makes the funniest face and he walks like a fairy, lol, when he's reached me he immediately turns around and runs back to the paving:blink: Silly boy.

This sounds like a great idea… poor Bennie!!! Do you think he got spoked out front or something? These dogs I swear… LOL

I think his behavior has something to do with Boeboe's recovery time... I had to have the door closed for a little over 4 weeks cos Boeboe was not allowed to run... I think somehow it effected him:ponder: he's such a sensitive boy, he gets very upset and emotional for the smallest things, AND he, like most bulldogs doesn't like change:facepalm2: lol. I'm just hoping he gets over it.

He will go and poop on the grass but ONLY if it's an emergency, lol. Like in the nights I have to get up and let him out cos he can't hold it anymoreZzzz it was just so warm the other night that we had the fan on and I didn't hear him pace around:ashamed:.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
nothing wrong with the front.... he just likes the back better

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.