Limping - suggestions?

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Hey guys,

i know now there have been a few threads pertaining to this lately and now it has struck home. So yesterday duke and duchess we're playing and I got a text middle of the day saying duchess started limping. Now she won't put weight on her rear left leg. What should I do? How long should I monitor it before taking her in? What will the vet do take X-rays?? I feel so bad for her. She still wants to play but just hobbles around.

erbelady

Feb 6, 2014
My bully gets a limp from time to time. I usually give it a couple of days. Anytime I have had to take him in, he gets a cortisone shot and does better. However, I have started giving him the glucosamine that the vet gave me before I take him in. Usually a few days of this helps and I don't end up going in. I wouldn't wait more than 3 days before calling vet if it's not better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
It's more of a limp- she won't put weight on her rear left leg.

erbelady

Feb 6, 2014
If she's not putting any weight on it, I would recommend calling your vet, just to be sure it's not something serious. Hopefully it's just a strain!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's more of a limp- she won't put weight on her rear left leg.

damn, that could be a torn ACL.... so hope it is not.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.