Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is your bully crate trained?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Olaf & Ivana
    Likes (Received)

Default Is your bully crate trained?

Olaf def. is! He is so funny...like today I went to get something from the car so he was outta his crate. On my way back (the window was open) I could hear that he was upset and when I opened the door he looked scared to death! The crate is for sure a "secutrity" for him (and me too!).

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I agree, my dogs lay in their crates with the door open when they need a break!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie
    Likes (Received)

Mine have their kennel as their "home" as well. Most of the time when Sadie needs a break she'll head into her kennel. I like the security of knowing they wont get to anything dangerous while I'm gone.

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

Yes, Momo's crate is her safe place (and as someone else said, my safe place for her as well). When we got her at almost 1 1/2 years old, the breeder told us she was trained but I guess with a new crate and a new home, she had some accidents. No problems now, though. She's a great girl and we're so lucky to have her in our lives.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We already got the pups started, and they are not going business in there at all already! We are very proud!
    aka "Bullpapa DeLano" on facebook

Bulldog(s) Names
    www.myspace.com/queenlatillyjo
    Likes (Received)

YES. all of my dogs and foster dogs are (or become) crate trained. i find it to be vital. now that they are all crate trained, they rarely ever need to go into their crates, but it was instrumental in housebreaking/potty training, etc. it's also helpful for those times that i do need to crate them for whatever reason. they love their crates now and see them as a place of comfort.
    in my experience, crate training from the get go reduces soooo much stress associated with housebreaking/potty training.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

Yes.. Chester is crate trained.. often he just goes in there and lays down. Of course we've made it unbelievably comfy in there

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sargent
    Likes (Received)

Sargent loves his crate, thats where he slept the first night we brought him home and thats his "Safe place" its prob the most comfy place for him too Huge ol' puffy doggie bed. We tried having him sleep on the bed and he just cant find the right spot, and gets restless. But as soon as he gets in his Crate/kennel its off to Doggie Dream Land!!

Proud parents of Sargent our baby English Bulldog

Bulldog(s) Names
    www.myspace.com/queenlatillyjo
    Likes (Received)

i wanted to add that with tilly, my first eb, i thought crate training was sooooo mean. she HATED it and of course, after a few minutes of hearing her cry, she was in my bed and the rest is history. she didn't become crate trained until years later when she got jealous of other dogs having their own 'space' in a crate.

house training her, without crate training was so much harder. i've learned a lot of lessens since then! all of my dogs and foster dogs have initially disliked the crate. but by making it their place for treats, food, etc, it quickly became a 'good' place to go. crates were and never are used for 'time outs' or discipline areas. that only makes them dislike it. instead, they were rewarded with their food or treats or a toy for going into their crates. although my dogs rarely need a crate these days, they all still have theirs open and they all going into them at various times when they want 'personal space'. they love their crates and using them to help potty train was GREAT.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Well the pups are already not pottying in their crates at all- and sleeping through the night. Have been for about a week now. Funny that they will still go potty in the house after just coming in from outside though!! :p
    aka "Bullpapa DeLano" on facebook

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

-vegas-675k-jpgUggg... I keep hitting a key when typing that sends me to another page and deletes everything I just wrote. Maybe that's a sign that I'm saying too much!

Both Vegas and Orion are crate trained. It was so easy to potty train them that way. They know when we leave that they go into their kennels. Orion has to be told to "kennel" Vegas just does it. As for sleeping in the kennels, Orion does. Vegas does not. Vegas sleeps in our bed. He has since the day he had his first seizure. He seems to have seizures between 2 and 4 in the morning. By sleeping with us, we can feel when they start and we are able to help him thru them. Another thing with the kennels, does anyone else have to deal with their pups climbing on top of them? Vegas started this when he was 4 months old. Since his kennel was right next to the arm of the couch (almost like an end table) he would climb on the couch, over the arm and onto the top of his kennel. He would sit there and look smug. We then named his kennel, "the Bellagio". And Vegas was definately the King of his hotel. We have since placed a "dog couch" on top of his kennel. It's braced against a wall, so he won't fall off. We also have the same setup for Orion, but her kennel does not have a wall to brace it. We use the back of a chair.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    -vegas-675k-jpgUggg... I keep hitting a key when typing that sends me to another page and deletes everything I just wrote. Maybe that's a sign that I'm saying too much!

Hahahaha I just did that!!!! If you hit your backspace button, but are no longer typing in the box it will take you back to the previous page you were veiwing. I 'spose it would come in handy if you are not replying to the topic.....

If I type a REALLY long reply, I will select all, and copy, just in case my internet (which is not all that dependable) decides to freeze up on me. That way when I reopen IE I can just paste. (whew!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads