Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Food?

Default Food?

My boy won't eat!! I tried all the top brands blue,totw,merrick, etc......all he likes is dog chow and kibbles n bits!!!!! And I don't wanna feed unhealthy!!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food?

Try topping his food off with wet stuff from a can of whatever it is you're feeding. For example - if you're feeding Blue Buffalo Wilderness kibbles, then take a Wilderness canned version and top off his kibbles with a bit of the canned stuff. You don't need much, just mix it in with the kibbles.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Lol tried... Didn't work

Bulldog(s) Names
    LOLA
    Likes (Received)

Did you try topping with a bit of Grizzly Salmon oil or some coconut oil? Lola won't eat her kibble unless I mix some in.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Howie
    Likes (Received)

From what I have read about cheap dog food, they sprayed with unhealthy animals fats so that your pet would look them.
    I am curious. Did u tried switching slowly to the new food? Like 75% first and so on.

Man I've put all kinds of mixes in it ... I've even tried peanut butter.....and yes when I first got him he was on dog chow then I slowly tried to switch him to a lot of brands and put a lot of mixes and he shot them all down

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

You could try to add some warm water or warm chicken broth? Well that is unless he's allergic to chicken, try the beef broth?!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Lol I swear I've tried chicken broth,beef broth, heck I even found shrimp broth( I live in Florida)

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Hmm… have you tried giving him a bland diet of rice and chicken? Or some people use ground beef/sirloin? Our pet stores also carry the fresh patties, and I have used them on occasions… I'm going to tag some members that may be able to help out. Have you talked to your vet about this?!! Just wondering if something is going on besides bully stubbornness… LOL

I forgot to ask… is this a puppy or an older dog? Rescue?!!
    Last edited by ddnene; 02-05-2014 at 08:03 AM.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by billneed View Post
    Man I've put all kinds of mixes in it ... I've even tried peanut butter.....and yes when I first got him he was on dog chow then I slowly tried to switch him to a lot of brands and put a lot of mixes and he shot them all down
    Thing is, a og will eventually eat when they are hungry... pick a food and stay with it. Place the bowl down and leve it for 20 mins at a time. also, if I remember, you obtained him from another home, right? he may not be settled in yet and still a little nervous.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

How old is he? When did you get him? When we first got Blue, he wouldn't eat either. Had to hand feed him for a looong time.

If you've tried everything, toppers, mixers, dry kibble, wet food and nothing works, then maybe he has an exquisite palate, that requires a more refined dining experience? How 'bout Raw or home cooking?

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

It is very unusual for a healthy bulldog to not want to eat! It sounds like he needs to be taken to your veterinarian for a check up-there could be a problem. Especially if it is a pup! Unless, you have fed him table food, too many treats, or scraps. If mine refused one meal...MAYBE two-they would be right to the Vet. I know an "only dog" can be alot pickier-but he still should want to eat-even if he "picks".
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads