Flying Options for Bully's

• Thread starter Baxter Tiberius
  • Start date
B

Baxter Tiberius

As Baxter gets older, I am finding more and more that I want to bring him along on my adventures. Recently got an invite to hawaii and instead of spending all day dreaming of what I would do there, I picture baxter frolicking in the ocean and laying on the sand with us. LOL ...

So I know they can't fly in the cargo area.

I have heard of airlines and services that provide concierge options of flying your pet in the cabin. Either with a guardian, or with other pets. Fully pressurized and comfortable.

There are others I remember seeing which will fly with your dog on a passenger plane, but in the upper cabin area. I have to do more research.

If anyone has anything bookmarked and can paste some links, I'd like to maybe have them all in one location for future reference.

I realize this stuff is crazy expensive, but hey. Life is short.

Last edited:

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Oh goodness so there is hope!!!! I don't care what it costs but I have been wondering if this was even an option.

Obviously no help to offer, but I sure hope someone else has some. ;)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I have yet to find any airlines that are willing to fly your pet in the cabin with you unless they fit in a crate, under a seat. They also have weight limitations.
At least not coach or business class. Someone recently had Lufthansa fly their bullie, but as cargo.

There was an airline that would only fly pets. But you were stuck coordinating your own flight to their schedule. They also didn't fly everywhere and I can't remember who they were, or if they still exist.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
There is several companies that will fly your pet, just Google them. I have never used them and know nothing about them. If you want to take him to Hawaii, you need to go here to this web site and read what you need to do. Your baby could be quarantined up to 5 days. http://hdoa.hawaii.gov/ai/aqs/animal-quarantine-information-page/ I'm not sure I would want to take mine there just for that reason. Plus never ever fly one in the cargo hold, as they can be killed down there.

tcgurlie

Jan 17, 2014
I'm from Hawaii, they will quarantine your baby for weeks! Don't do it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
It's strange that this topic has come up because we are getting ready for our next move and one of the two strong possibilities is Germany, so I did a bit of research on how to take our pets over to Germany (3 dogs, 1 cat).

There are carriers that allow dogs with pushed in faces to fly as cargo. You need to request this ahead of time as they won't allow more than 2 animals fly as cargo at a time. The concern about the dogs with pushed in faces will be dehydration and overheating. Due to the latter a lot of airlines don't allow pets as cargo during warm seasons. I also looked into Transatlantic cruiselines to see if I could just sail across with the dogs. There are transatlantic cruise lines but it sounded like the animals stayed kenneled the whole time in a special area. There were visiting hours three times a day but I really didn't like the sound of it - I rather have the animals endure a 6 hour flight and get to my destination then have them on a cruise line for 10 hours (or however long it takes).

That's as far as my research took me because there is no sense of digging deeper without orders. The other place that is a strong possibility is San Antonio which will just be a weekend car trip.

Anyhow like others said, you also need to keep in mind quarantines. Hawaii, apparently, has no reported rabies cases which is why they quarantine all animals that go there.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
[MENTION=10855]tcgurlie[/MENTION] is right, my friends just went there and had a ton of trouble because their dog was quarantined, no fun... seriously, this time you might be better leaving Baxter with friends or family.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
My friend is a military wife coming back to the US from Japan, and she was only able to find one airline willing to transport her EBD and it is REALLY expensive. I looked into a lot of airlines for her as well, and many that DO infact transport dogs, have exceptions and refuse most short nosed breeds. Even boxers!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
My friend is a military wife coming back to the US from Japan, and she was only able to find one airline willing to transport her EBD and it is REALLY expensive. I looked into a lot of airlines for her as well, and many that DO infact transport dogs, have exceptions and refuse most short nosed breeds. Even boxers!

Transport her bullie in cargo or in cabin? If in the cabin, can you find out what airline?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
There is several companies that will fly your pet, just Google them. I have never used them and know nothing about them. If you want to take him to Hawaii, you need to go here to this web site and read what you need to do. Your baby could be quarantined up to 5 days. http://hdoa.hawaii.gov/ai/aqs/animal-quarantine-information-page/ I'm not sure I would want to take mine there just for that reason. Plus never ever fly one in the cargo hold, as they can be killed down there.

David I found one but they're more of a charter. Crazy expensive unless you can get a group together.

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
ok here's an insider tip... look into Emotional Support Animals. I went through all this to get Norm to GA from UT. As I was researching, I think United was one of the only that would cargo ship an EBD but they had to be in a crate 1 size bigger than they needed and it was $400-ish. Again, Emotional Support Animal is the way to go. There's a lot fewer rules for them and a lot of leeway.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Transport her bullie in cargo or in cabin? If in the cabin, can you find out what airline?

I am pretty sure it was cargo. ..Tran air I think. Its an international airline that I never heard of. I will check my work emails tomorrow when I am at the office.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

The company that only flies animals went under. I think it was PetAirlines.

There was one other company that actually does fly a person with your dog in cabin. But you have to buy the ticket for the person and the pet.

The other one put the animals in the upper level of the cabin. I found both of these when i first got Baxter and swore I bookmarked both sites. But now for the life of me can't find them.

Yeah I found out soon after my original post that Hawaii is out.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
ANA flies them in the cargo, its a sister company of United that does international flights. My friend is in the military and said that Patriot Air also will fly bulldogs but you have to be in the service, and Patriot Air only flies into Seattle. If you are traveling anywhere continental your best bet is to spend the extra money on gas and road trip it instead!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.