Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flying Options for Bully's

Baxter Tiberius

Default Flying Options for Bully's

As Baxter gets older, I am finding more and more that I want to bring him along on my adventures. Recently got an invite to hawaii and instead of spending all day dreaming of what I would do there, I picture baxter frolicking in the ocean and laying on the sand with us. LOL ...

So I know they can't fly in the cargo area.

I have heard of airlines and services that provide concierge options of flying your pet in the cabin. Either with a guardian, or with other pets. Fully pressurized and comfortable.

There are others I remember seeing which will fly with your dog on a passenger plane, but in the upper cabin area. I have to do more research.

If anyone has anything bookmarked and can paste some links, I'd like to maybe have them all in one location for future reference.

I realize this stuff is crazy expensive, but hey. Life is short.
    Last edited by Baxter Tiberius; 02-04-2014 at 06:15 PM.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member jenzaar's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winslow
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Flying Options for Bully's

Oh goodness so there is hope!!!! I don't care what it costs but I have been wondering if this was even an option.

Obviously no help to offer, but I sure hope someone else has some.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have yet to find any airlines that are willing to fly your pet in the cabin with you unless they fit in a crate, under a seat. They also have weight limitations.
    At least not coach or business class. Someone recently had Lufthansa fly their bullie, but as cargo.

There was an airline that would only fly pets. But you were stuck coordinating your own flight to their schedule. They also didn't fly everywhere and I can't remember who they were, or if they still exist.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

There is several companies that will fly your pet, just Google them. I have never used them and know nothing about them. If you want to take him to Hawaii, you need to go here to this web site and read what you need to do. Your baby could be quarantined up to 5 days. http://hdoa.hawaii.gov/ai/aqs/animal...ormation-page/ I'm not sure I would want to take mine there just for that reason. Plus never ever fly one in the cargo hold, as they can be killed down there.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I'm from Hawaii, they will quarantine your baby for weeks! Don't do it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

It's strange that this topic has come up because we are getting ready for our next move and one of the two strong possibilities is Germany, so I did a bit of research on how to take our pets over to Germany (3 dogs, 1 cat).

There are carriers that allow dogs with pushed in faces to fly as cargo. You need to request this ahead of time as they won't allow more than 2 animals fly as cargo at a time. The concern about the dogs with pushed in faces will be dehydration and overheating. Due to the latter a lot of airlines don't allow pets as cargo during warm seasons. I also looked into Transatlantic cruiselines to see if I could just sail across with the dogs. There are transatlantic cruise lines but it sounded like the animals stayed kenneled the whole time in a special area. There were visiting hours three times a day but I really didn't like the sound of it - I rather have the animals endure a 6 hour flight and get to my destination then have them on a cruise line for 10 hours (or however long it takes).

That's as far as my research took me because there is no sense of digging deeper without orders. The other place that is a strong possibility is San Antonio which will just be a weekend car trip.

Anyhow like others said, you also need to keep in mind quarantines. Hawaii, apparently, has no reported rabies cases which is why they quarantine all animals that go there.

Real Name
    Alison
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk
    Likes (Received)

@tcgurlie is right, my friends just went there and had a ton of trouble because their dog was quarantined, no fun... seriously, this time you might be better leaving Baxter with friends or family.
    ♡ All you really need in life is a snack and a snuggle ♡

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

My friend is a military wife coming back to the US from Japan, and she was only able to find one airline willing to transport her EBD and it is REALLY expensive. I looked into a lot of airlines for her as well, and many that DO infact transport dogs, have exceptions and refuse most short nosed breeds. Even boxers!

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Noyes27 View Post
    My friend is a military wife coming back to the US from Japan, and she was only able to find one airline willing to transport her EBD and it is REALLY expensive. I looked into a lot of airlines for her as well, and many that DO infact transport dogs, have exceptions and refuse most short nosed breeds. Even boxers!
    Transport her bullie in cargo or in cabin? If in the cabin, can you find out what airline?

Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    There is several companies that will fly your pet, just Google them. I have never used them and know nothing about them. If you want to take him to Hawaii, you need to go here to this web site and read what you need to do. Your baby could be quarantined up to 5 days. http://hdoa.hawaii.gov/ai/aqs/animal...ormation-page/ I'm not sure I would want to take mine there just for that reason. Plus never ever fly one in the cargo hold, as they can be killed down there.
    David I found one but they're more of a charter. Crazy expensive unless you can get a group together.

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

I just found out we are relocating to Germany so I started searching flying on here. I found this recent post: http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ghlight=flying

Kennel Cleaner MelanieNormansMom's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman
    Likes (Received)

ok here's an insider tip... look into Emotional Support Animals. I went through all this to get Norm to GA from UT. As I was researching, I think United was one of the only that would cargo ship an EBD but they had to be in a crate 1 size bigger than they needed and it was $400-ish. Again, Emotional Support Animal is the way to go. There's a lot fewer rules for them and a lot of leeway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads