How do you get your bullie to exercise?

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Matilda is now a year and a half, and she will not get out of bed (or off the couch) for anything.

She'll spend all day in one spot sleeping! She doesn't even like getting up to use the bathroom and we now have to pretty much drag her outside. Once we're out, she's happy to walk (usually) but it's just such a fight to get her there.

She'll play for maybe 30 minutes a day, and then back to the spot on the couch!

How do you motivate your bullie to be more active? She just doesn't want to do anything but sleep!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Well the only exercise bella gets is if we get up and walk around she follows us haha

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I have nothing to offer...mine will go and go and go all day until he can't go any more, take a nap and start going again!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not much help here either. Harlea will lounge for hours then she will go in to her spaz mode and play until she is ready for another nap.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I got 2 Bulldogs - one will chase a frisbee all day and die of heatstroke or overexertion before he'll stop chasing a frisbee. The other will run very fast to chase the other dog for 3 seconds and then take a 20-hour nap.

There's no motivating this girl. She's stubborn as all get. I walk her for 1/2 mile. If we go more than that, I'll be carrying her 65lb butt home.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Thats so funny! I guess it depends on your dog's personality. Izzy is very active too... usually the first one to start playing during the bulldogs meet ups and the last one to stop!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber is my lounge lizzard but only if nothing else is going on. Amber and Ruby play tug of war, chase the cat, run up and down the hallway but if I am in my chair both are content to laydown and relax. That is when Amber grabs her stuffy and sucks on it until she goes to sleep. They are both active from the time I get home (5pm) until around 830pm and then they sleep. Most of the day they are resting up for play time later.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I must have gotten the hyper model because Brutus will nap a little in short spurts but he is constantly in play mode. He is forever putting his toys on us to play with him. Sometimes I feel bad but we hide his toys to get a break. Frankie is the same way. I will say that when 8:30 rolls around, Brutus and Frankie are on the couch unconscious. Not even a bomb could get them up.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Bella was extremely lazy… she would lay around all day long, but Winston LOVED to play. Maybe it's because he was still a pup… LOL Plus I have my boxer, so they always had another dog to roughhouse with… LOL Have you tried treats to get her out the door? Or maybe pull out a favorite toy (does she have any?!! LOL)

B

Baxter Tiberius

I've noticed that its the more plump pups that seem to be more lethargic.

Do you have pictures of her? Maybe if she slimmed up she would feel more active.

I've noticed since Baxter has been crated at night with no bedding, i dont think he sleeps well anymore, and now he sleeps all day.

Maybe her night time sleeping environment isnt allowing her to get a deep, uninterrupted sleep?

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
Howie loves to play play play play play play play....... And when there are visitors, although he's tired, he still wants to play or socialize. When he's at daycare, he takes a quick nap in the vehicle and start playing/socializing with everyone.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Have you tried squeeky toys? Chunk comes running for those every time or opening some peanut butter or cheese? i mean really what WON'T they do for pb and cheese?! maybe put some inside toys to entice her to play more and be a little more active?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

raetate

Jan 5, 2014
virginia beach, va
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
hercules
I would bring half a treat down stairs with me and his ball. Speak to Hercules in a really energetic voice and he gets going. Funny, he's associated going outside with me saying "let's check the mail" so he waiting for me at the dog lol but maybe try a toy or a little treat to see if that will get her going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.