May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Praying your boy will be okay and come home tomorrow.:pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He also was quite baffled as to why I was feeding him Merrick grain free. He said that if he has developed an allergy to it now I am limited to what I can give him because if he is allergic to buffalo he will most likely be allergic to beef pork and chicken. Whatever. I'm still not going to give him a food loaded with crap.

really???? ^^^ :facepalm:

praying really hard he is Ok and will be home with you tomorrow

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So the vet just called. We have a couple of issues going on. The first is Brutus has an infection in his tummy. His white count is 18,400. They did an x ray and he did eat something. They see debris in his bowel and intestine. The vet seems to think it is small enough pieces that he could pass it. So no surgery for right now. They are waiting for one more blood test to come back to see if he has pancreatitis. That test should be back around noon. The second thing going on, is He has an ear infection which I knew but he said the cysts on his feet and his ears are related and he thinks it is allergy related. He wants me to change his food to Royal Canine white fish potato. I think this is a decent food right? I have seen several bullys here on it. The vet said it is a hypoallergenic food that is good for dogs with allergies. He thinks this has manifested from when I noticed Brutus was allergic to the Christmas tree. So...Brutus has to stay another night on fluids and to try to get him to eat solid food a little later to make sure he does not vomit and to ensure the debris in his tummy is passing. I feel so bad for my baby boy. I just want him home with me. Of course my husband is having a break down because it is costing a fortune but what are you going to do, things happen right? I just want him cared for and to be better. I will let you guys know how the last blood test comes out later. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers. You guys make dealing with a crappy situation so much better.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] I am praying for your boy, and hoping that he will get better quickly. We all know how worried you are, and are with you with prayers. :pray2::heart::heart:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Positive thoughts going out for you and Brutus!!

Wondering what about Royal Canine Potato and Whitefish makes it a hypoallergenic food? Is it because there's no animal protein, just fish? If you didn't ask the vet, try to Rosalie. I checked and the first ingredient in it is dehydrated potato. It does seem to be a "limited" ingredient formula though..

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Thoughts and prayers are with you and Brutus :hug: I hope he is home soon and feeling much better :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Continued prayers over Brutus and that all checks out well so he comes HOME.
Sending Strength, Hope, Courage & Peace to you & Hubby today~GOD be with
you & yours!

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The vet just called and brutus ate some food and did not throw up so he can come home!!! I am confident that with all I have learned from all of the fantastic people here I will know what to look for if anything changes with whatever he has eaten. EBN is truly the best place on earth.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What is the general opinion on royal Canin? I looked on the food list and it only has three stars. They are currently in Merrick which has six. Do you think this is ok? Or do you guys have another suggestion? The vet seems to think brutus is allergic to the protien.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
What is the general opinion on royal Canin? I looked on the food list and it only has three stars. They are currently in Merrick which has six. Do you think this is ok? Or do you guys have another suggestion? The vet seems to think brutus is allergic to the protien.

I have give Bella Royal Canin, and to be honest she was choking on it… the kibble is a weird shape. I don't know if it was just her, but I stopped giving it to her. Have you tried the Fromm's? I use Earthborn Holistic for Roxie, and she's doing fantastic on it. In fact I had planned to start Winston on it because he still had soft :poo: on Fromm… Earthborn has several different proteins including bison, lamb, and salmon.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Does Merrick have a fish flavor? you can switch to that for the time being if the vet is recommending fish. I've heard mixed reviews on the RC brand but have no personal experience w/it.

Wishing Brutus a speedy recovery and giving him lots of love!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.