brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Well Brutus vomited 4 times yesterday and he vomited after his breakfast this morning with no morning poop. I really don't think he ate anything as I have been keeping a close eye on him because of the other issues I am having right now, but the vet doesn't want to wait until tomorrow when he was originally scheduled to see him. I think he might have a virus or something. I will keep my fingers crossed. My poor baby.:pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:pray: please keep us posted.... good luck!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fingers and paws crossed, please let us know what they say.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Praying for you both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Poor sweet Brutus. Praying for him and you!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Brutus. I hope it's nothing serious, and the vet can figure out what's wrong with him. I hope he didn't swallow anything that you don't know about. Please keep us posted on what the vet says.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well Brutus has to stay in the hospital to run tests on him and give him fluids. He has an ear infection and is running a fever. His tummy was sensitive upon palpation so they are going to do xrays and an ultra sound if necessary. So off my baby went and I went home alone in tears. Depending on what the tests show he may be able to come home tomorrow or Thursday. If the xrays come back with obstruction, well we will cross that bridge when we get to it. Hopefully he just has a bug and nothing else. The vet said it is good that he pooped normal this morning. He also was quite baffled as to why I was feeding him Merrick grain free. He said that if he has developed an allergy to it now I am limited to what I can give him because if he is allergic to buffalo he will most likely be allergic to beef pork and chicken. Whatever. I'm still not going to give him a food loaded with crap.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Rosalie, I'm just NOW reading this… I'm so sorry about Brutus, and I know how worried you must be… Hang in there, sounds like they will keep a close eye on him. Hopefully it's just a virus, and not an obstruction…

WTH does the vet mean about him NOW being allergic to beef, pork and chicken?!! Completely different proteins :facepalm:I swear these vets, I was arguing w/mine about the Fromm's. Bottom line is these guys do NOT know food, they just want to sell their Science Diet crap.

Sending you lots of prayers & hugs girl… and PLEASE keep us posted!!! :hug2:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh Rosalie, I'm just NOW reading this… I'm so sorry about Brutus, and I know how worried you must be… Hang in there, sounds like they will keep a close eye on him. Hopefully it's just a virus, and not an obstruction…

WTH does the vet mean about him NOW being allergic to beef, pork and chicken?!! Completely different proteins :facepalm:I swear these vets, I was arguing w/mine about the Fromm's. Bottom line is these guys do NOT know food, they just want to sell their Science Diet crap.

Sending you lots of prayers & hugs girl… and PLEASE keep us posted!!! :hug2:

I think the point he was trying to make was why start out with the best food and then if you have a problem you have no where to go. Stupid point i think. with bullys who have so many sensitivities, starting with the best and avoiding the problem to begin with is the better answer. He really didn't get into it though because he was more concerned with his belly right now. I will update tomorrow or as soon as I have more news.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Brutus, I sure hope he gets better soon. We will be thinking of him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online