Who's Vet hates you???

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Well mine does!!!! I take Vegas in every 5-6 weeks for anal glands, no big deal, but when his allergies are out of control I know we need a steroid shot. I take him in and TELL our vet he needs a shot, lol. My vet does a complete check up and tell's me all kinds of things, and I respond........"Well....I belong to an EB group and they said this or that" He has learned over the last two years Im NOT an idiot and know what Im doing, so he get's the shot. I find it funny that he will suggest all kinds of $$ making things and I tell him "No" like he wants to sell me this tail pocket cleaner (@$30 bucks) and I say NO I use Witch Hazel, and Veg has NEVER had a pocket infection, yet he tell's me it could be to "drying" I find it funny that all the products he wants to sell me, I already know, DUE TO THIS SITE, what is best, just give him the damn shot and be done~~~~!!!!!!! Any one else???? I LOVE this site :angelheart:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I actually Love my vet. She loves Vegas...she has his magazine and several of his cards. She emails him (uh...ME) and often calls checking on him. She knows her stuff too. I asked her about coconut oil....she told me she always gets asked about it and she doesn't recommend it. She said...it's an oil and it's solid at room temperature. Guess what happens when you soften it up and feed it to your dog? It hardens up...IN their arteries. (I had already bought a huge thing from Costco!!) She HATES Trifexis. And...if something is wrong with Vegas or O that I can diagnose....she will call a Rx into my pharmacy. If I can't answer her questions (like this last ear infection) she asks to see him and gives me what I need.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:bravo: You go Kelly!

i have opposite.... My vet loves that I am so knowledgable and has said he wished more owners were as in tune with their pets as I am

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
My vet hates me and I hate him..but I stay with him until I can find a better one...
he thinks I over react and I think he's an assshole!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
My vet hates me and I hate him..but I stay with him until I can find a better one...
he thinks I over react and I think he's an assshole!

I hate mine too, as much as he hates me, in the process of looking for another, he keeps talking etropion surgery when I KNOW his eye are swelled due to environmental allergies, the only time he see's him is when his eyes are swelled shut, other than that they are fine after a shot!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I hate mine too, as much as he hates me, in the process of looking for another, he keeps talking etropion surgery when I KNOW his eye are swelled due to environmental allergies, the only time he see's him is when his eyes are swelled shut, other than that they are fine after a shot!!
its bad when you know more than your vet and they don't listen to you..so many things I suggested or asked about that I know work because I've heard so many on EBN and he dismisses everything...just wants to go right to antibiotics and medicine he sells...

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
its bad when you know more than your vet and they don't listen to you..so many things I suggested or asked about that I know work because I've heard so many on EBN and he dismisses everything...just wants to go right to antibiotics and medicine he sells...

I know right??? I have dismissed a lot of things DUE TO THIS SITE, that is why I LOVE this site, I think Im smarter than the vet, LMAO!!!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I know right??? I have dismissed a lot of things DUE TO THIS SITE, that is why I LOVE this site, I think Im smarter than the vet, LMAO!!!
i asked him about the benefits of apple cider vinegar once and he stared at me like I had 2 heads.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have been very lucky with my vets. I have had 2 in the last 30 years. I worked for the first one, and he was really good at listening to suggestions,if he thought it was a good one-he would admit it. He decided to concentrate more on cattle. The one I have had for the last 10 years is very bully knowledgeable, has his own, and tries to save you money every way he can, if possible. He is definitely not greedy. People bring their bullies from 3 hours away for AI and C sections. He'll take time to answer questions, too-which I like.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
i asked him about the benefits of apple cider vinegar once and he stared at me like I had 2 heads.

I told him Veg was on a grain free diet and eats fruits and veggies for snacks and he looked at me like I had two heads, OH and I feed him fat free 3x probiaotic Greek yogurt, and he said that does NOT mean the same for a canine.....Ummm....what's the difference??

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
We still have yet to see the well-versed-in-bully doctor at our vet. The one we have seen doesn't seem to take me super seriously but isn't dismissive of me either. She was even quite helpful when I brought up cooking Winslow's meals. I think i trust her, and i doubt she has any bad feelings toward me either, but I'm still curious to meet the bully guy. :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I guess we are lucky in that the vet we go to has not 1 but 2 very knowledgeable bully vets in the practice and they listen to everything you have to say and if it is a good idea they will definitely explore it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I love the 3 lady vets in our office, they are great. One of them has a bully named Benchley, and she brings him to work everyday. There are two younger woman, and one older one. The younger ones are more open to suggestions, and are always willing to listen to you, they always err on the side of caution, and won't give all their needles at the same time, but will do them individually, plus she tells me to give then Benadryl an hour before they come in to get their shots. She will always tell me when I can use over the counter products instead of trying to sell me more expensive products from her office the older vet has over 24 years of surgery experience, and she did an awesome job on Blossoms cherry eyes, and spay surgery, and Dozers neuter surgery.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I actually Love my vet. She loves Vegas...she has his magazine and several of his cards. She emails him (uh...ME) and often calls checking on him. She knows her stuff too. I asked her about coconut oil....she told me she always gets asked about it and she doesn't recommend it. She said...it's an oil and it's solid at room temperature. Guess what happens when you soften it up and feed it to your dog? It hardens up...IN their arteries. (I had already bought a huge thing from Costco!!) She HATES Trifexis. And...if something is wrong with Vegas or O that I can diagnose....she will call a Rx into my pharmacy. If I can't answer her questions (like this last ear infection) she asks to see him and gives me what I need.

That's very interesting about the coconut oil. I don't use it, I use salmon oil, but almost bought that same big *** jar at Costco! My only question is, canine internal temp is 99-102, not room temp. So does it stay melted? :ponder:

I got a food dehydrator for Xmas, which is about 100 F, I may have to test this out!!!

I love my vet and hate it if I have to see another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

Sounds like a great Vet but I disagree about Coconut Oil solidifying in the arteries.
Not at that internal body temperature, I'll research this as I've never heard of this
concern.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online