Mulch and potting soil

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
For some reason Ace turns into a vacuum cleaner when he gets in mulch. I also noticed that he started licking potting soil yesterday when we were planting on pots. I have to constantly be taking out mulch pieces from his mouth. A couple of days ago he ended up throwing up, and I'm assuming it was due to this. Any pointers on how I can stop him from doing this? I hope it's a puppy phase he grows out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
If you get an answer let me know. Harlea is terrified of potting soil for some reason but she loves bark, mulch and wood chips.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Two of mine are "woodchucks!" I am forever taking pieces of wood and sticks out of their mouths. I have a lot of trees around and branches are always falling-can't keep up with all the sticks. I don't have mulch-but boy, am I glad! I couldn't keep up with them and mulch. I do know, though that CoCo mulch is very dangerous for them to eat-so don't ever buy that! It would kill them.

OP
AceTheBathound
Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Two of mine are "woodchucks!" I am forever taking pieces of wood and sticks out of their mouths. I have a lot of trees around and branches are always falling-can't keep up with all the sticks. I don't have mulch-but boy, am I glad! I couldn't keep up with them and mulch. I do know, though that CoCo mulch is very dangerous for them to eat-so don't ever buy that! It would kill them.

Just checked the bag, not coco mulch! Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully this subsides. It has gotten better, but I guess he noticed a color change (went from natural color to red) and it just caught his attention x 10! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks was like this as a puppy too.... dig in the dirt , eat mulch and dirt - it passed, but she now at 8 yrs old still will on occasion grab a mouth full of dirt, whcih back in Novemeber resulted in surgery to remove a 2 inch stone :stinkeye:

Our Frenchie also loves to eat ANYTHING on the ground so it is a battle with him

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.