cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I swear, Finn is like a cranky little kid. He got some really good exercise today plus played with his Varsity ball so naturally he's tired and needing to sleep. Instead though, he slept for a total of 15 minutes all day and as a result, he lashes out on Tate and is just plain grumpy towards him right now. Just a few minutes ago he growled and came towards Tate like he was going to fight and Tate just froze, not making eye contact with him.

Does anyone else's bulldog get cranky and grumpy when they don't get their needed rest? I know I do, but can lack of sleep also affect a canine's mood like this?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus gets like a toddler. I imagine him screaming and throwing himself all over. He needs his rest.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I have said this soooo many times.... I swear I have a toddler and not a dog. She has been a grouch when shes tired since day 1 of bringing her home... And in those cases I stick her in her crate with her blankies and she cuddles up and goes to sleep. NO cuddling for her when shes like that. Its not that I dont want to, she doesnt want to. And I tell you this, she is terrible when I get on the phone. She gets mad and starts pulling on my clothes, getting into **** and just acting a fool. :w00t: So maybe toddlers trapped in fur form??? I think so lol

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Not nearly as much as before, but yes, Winslow definitely got to points of needing to be put to bed. Pretty sure people thought I was nuts whenever I said he needed naps or would otherwise be a cranky jerk.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke was like this.... it was the only time he would 'stand up' to Banks... he was a grumpy boy when sleep deprived

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.