Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I don't know how many times I have told my father in law that COOKED BONES are dangerous! UGH! Each time he looks at me like a deer in the headlights, there is no changing his mind. Yeah, he just tried to give them a chicken wing bone. I just want to slap the stupid look off his face when he does this because I KNOW HE HAS HEARD ME THE FIRST TEN THOUSAND TIMES I TOLD HIM THIS!!!

It all started about 7 years ago when he fed Molly cooked pork rib bones. She vomited up very sharp shards and was sick for many days.

Glad he only comes over once a week or so!

Yeah this is a 7 year battle.

End rant! :angry:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
UUuuggg!!! Some people just don't get it! 2 years ago Christmas Eve I sent out a text to all that was coming to our Christmas Eve party to NOT feed Vegas due to allergies, Joe was mortified that I did, but I didn't care. And yes I caught many slipping him bites!!! I sent out the same text this year and watched like a hawk, I didn't catch one person feeding him. Some people just don't get what we go through to keep them healthy!!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Education is the key.... In the uk every pet store sells cooked bones and I have been guilty of buying cow bones for my pets. Me bad dad... This is the first time I have heard of this.
Diesel has 2 deer antlers which he loves. No more bones for my pets :blush2:

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Education is the key.... In the uk every pet store sells cooked bones and I have been guilty of buying cow bones for my pets. Me bad dad... This is the first time I have heard of this.
Diesel has 2 deer antlers which he loves. No more bones for my pets :blush2:

Raw bones are fine, are they cooked or raw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Raw. If you checked my pict of diesel in the summer he has a raw bone.
I was was made to switch to antler because my wife is a vegi ( I know , I apologise in advance )

anyways she was always moaning about the mess so I stopped getting them :yes:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Lisa, my MIL does the same damn thing… it drives me completely insane!!! Did you see my thread when she was babysitting the dogs & bringing them whooper jr's everyday?!! Needless to say she NEVER watches my dogs anymore… LOL :yell:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lisa, my MIL does the same damn thing… it drives me completely insane!!! Did you see my thread when she was babysitting the dogs & bringing them whooper jr's everyday?!! Needless to say she NEVER watches my dogs anymore… LOL :yell:
hee hee, i remember the whopper jrs post!!! *giggle* sorry, that is NOT FUNNY. *giggle*

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

What is it with the in laws? Sheesh!
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] he is set in his ways, period. We just can't allow him near with bones lol !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't get it... One time she gave our diabetic cat too many treats & he crashed. Had to rush him to the vets to get his sugars leveled... On Christmas Eve!!! I was so pissed off... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I get this all the time too, he's a dog they can eat anything. Drives me nuts

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Lisa, my MIL does the same damn thing… it drives me completely insane!!! Did you see my thread when she was babysitting the dogs & bringing them whooper jr's everyday?!!

:ROFL: I'm sorry, Tracey, but this is too funny! Whopper Juniors? I'd be mad b/c she didn't bring Whoppers…why only the juniors?! :lmao:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.