I messed up :|

rub504

Dec 4, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Benson
My wife and I had to work in the morning but I had to leave the house at 4am and she at 630am. Before I left I let Benson out so he can eat then pee and poop but I totally forgot about him and took of to work. When I remembered it was around 530am so I called my wife and she brought him inside. I feel bad because it was around 53-56f degrees and he was outside. How tolerant are these bullies to the cold? This is the only time of year I have to work in the morning because of super bowl but he is never outside this early. I feel bad. When I get home I'm going to hug him tight maybe have him sit on the sofa next to me while watching the game.

-ruben-

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I think Benson is going to be fine. It wasn't freezing out and not yet too warm. You have to worry with really cold temps and anything over 70-75 degrees. I think you feel worse than Benson. Give your self a break and give Benson a hug.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I think he will be fine. He probably enjoyed himself! We, on the other hand always have guilt! My dogs are outside, when I am when I am at the barn, unless it's absolutely freezing-OR too hot. They don't act in a hurry to come in, when it is time! 56 degrees is a pretty good temp. Not too cold.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with Rosalie, the temperatures weren't too severe hot or cold, so Benson will be fine. Don't beat yourself up, we are all human, and who can think well at 4:30 in the morning? You probably feel worse than Benson, he will forget about it. Give Benson an extra hug and a treat. :hug2:

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah, poor little guy.... i am sure he was fine and just spent the time sleeping by the door. Big hugs will help you both when you get home

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Aww:) seems like Benson will gain more from this "incident" than he lost:tongue: He probably enjoyed his extra time outside anyway so it's a win win in his eyes. I would most likely feel bad too... not so much about the temperature but because I forgot, lol. But THAT early in the morning:blink:... I totally understand:)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I bet he slept the whole time while you were worrying, we all forget at times

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
He should be okay with temperatures in the 50's.

OP
rub504

rub504

Dec 4, 2013
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Benson
Really 50 range they're good? He is 5 months old though lol. Anyways he was fine when I got home but chewed out the corner of the base board which my wife went ape **** haha.

-ruben-

Kansascitymama

Jan 11, 2014
Northern, VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Beefy & Miss. Dutchess McWigglesworth
O I am so jealous!!!! I wish it were that warm here at that time in the morning. Bet Benson had a blast :).

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Ace doesn't like the wet weather, but loves to be outside when it's in the 50s, which we have had a few of those days here in south Texas. Benson probably had a blast, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Between 55F and 65F with clear skies and little to no wind chill is the ideal temperature for English Bulldogs to be running around outside! You picked the perfect day to be forgetful!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.