My Dog smells like stinky dog all the time, fed up!!!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Well, my boys must be really badly neglected and filthy getting washed 2-3times a year....

Nope; my girls only get a full fledged bath twice a year and there is nothing neglected about them. They are absolutely beautiful bullies; everytime i take them somewhere people remark on their coats how silky soft they are and how they glimmer. No smelly bullies here; I had a girl bury her face in Ambers coat on Friday night when I took her to get her nails trimmed and the girl said, "she smells wonderful." I was laughing because the girl literally sat on the floor to pet my girls. Someone asked me about the bully lavender wash I use on them well here it is: get some lavender branches either from a lavender plant, the farmers market or a hobby shop, put two gallons of water in a lkarge pot on to boil and break up the lavender branches and put it in the water, let it go to a rolling boil for several minutes then cut the heat back to simmer and just let it simmer for about an hour. Then turn it off and let the water cool just as it is; the boiling of the branches lets the natural lavender come out of the branches and goes into the water. once the water is cooled down completely strain the water into two gallon jugs, there should be a scent of lavender in the water (you can also go to a naturals place and get natural lavender oil like the type you put in poturri pots). Get a spray bottle, fill it up with the water and use it as a spritzer for the bullies once a week. They will smell great, it is a natural flea and tick repellent and no adverse affects. They don't get anything with grains at all; again they get a bath twice a year and no smelly bullies and no where near neglect.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thank you for the Lavender hint!!

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
It sounds like the problem is internal-the food. I have seen that same issue from other people. And food-was the problem. I do raw- will never go back to commercial. Do not have any skin issues at all, no odors, etc. And the people that I mentioned whose dogs had an odor, went raw, that stopped the odor, once their bodies got clean of commercial food.
I know it must be uncomfortable for you, but your poor dog must be very uncomfortable. Go to vet , do blood test,stool tests, start the raw food, give it a little time to detox, your dog should start doing better.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=9462]Baxter Tiberius[/MENTION] bathing too often drys out the skin. You may not see it now but as he gets older it can be a problem. If you want to clean him after playing, I would just wipe him with some unscented baby wipes or there is some waterless dog wash that you can lightly spay on and wipe off. It will not dry them out and has a nice smell.

Jan 12, 2014
McAllen, TX
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ACE (The Bathound)
Nope; my girls only get a full fledged bath twice a year and there is nothing neglected about them. They are absolutely beautiful bullies; everytime i take them somewhere people remark on their coats how silky soft they are and how they glimmer. No smelly bullies here; I had a girl bury her face in Ambers coat on Friday night when I took her to get her nails trimmed and the girl said, "she smells wonderful." I was laughing because the girl literally sat on the floor to pet my girls. Someone asked me about the bully lavender wash I use on them well here it is: get some lavender branches either from a lavender plant, the farmers market or a hobby shop, put two gallons of water in a lkarge pot on to boil and break up the lavender branches and put it in the water, let it go to a rolling boil for several minutes then cut the heat back to simmer and just let it simmer for about an hour. Then turn it off and let the water cool just as it is; the boiling of the branches lets the natural lavender come out of the branches and goes into the water. once the water is cooled down completely strain the water into two gallon jugs, there should be a scent of lavender in the water (you can also go to a naturals place and get natural lavender oil like the type you put in poturri pots). Get a spray bottle, fill it up with the water and use it as a spritzer for the bullies once a week. They will smell great, it is a natural flea and tick repellent and no adverse affects. They don't get anything with grains at all; again they get a bath twice a year and no smelly bullies and no where near neglect.

Definitely trying this! Thanks for the share. My ace doesn't stink. It's time for s bath cause he had an accident on his blanket (pee) And slept omit, so he has slight odor. I brush him daily, and his coat is silky. I also give him nuvet plus supplement and grizzly salmon oil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)

Will definitely try this! Thank you for sharing your recipe!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank you for the Lavender recipe, I love the smell of Lavender, and it also has a natural calming effect.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online