potty training when it is 0 HELP

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
So we couldn't wait and went and got Lola today but we need help up until we left my friends she had never been outside. With that being said she is potty pad trained cool right well Loki wants to pee on the pads too.... This guy's pees a lake when he goes lol so it doesn't work, anyways well how do I get her to pee outside when I am worried about her getting cold? She pooped outside that was easy to catch but she seriously cops a squat and pees in half a second she is stupid fast

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
When I was younger I had a jack Russel puppy that I had to potty train in the middle of Swedish winter:tongue: and we lived in a flat at the time so it was a bit of a mission:whew: I started by having regular newspaper put out at a few places around the flat and whenever I saw he wanted to pee or poop I quickly put him on the paper. I removed one spot of paper one by one until it was only the one by the door left. So when ever he headed towards the door I took him outside and he went potty. After a a while I took the paper by the door away too and then he knew he had to wait for me to take him out:) It went really well and he was completely potty trained in a month time. He got really cold outside so he peed and pooped immediately when I put him down outside so he could get back into my arms again:)

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
First of all, how old is the puppy? Secondly, are you crate training? If you aren't then you are going to have a tough time. I highly recommend crate training. It makes housebreaking a thousand times easier. It was in the negative double digits here in northern Michigan (with wind chill) for the first few weeks after we got our puppy at 8 weeks old (she is also named Lola). Now at 13 weeks she is pretty much housebroken (and has been for a couple of weeks now). I couldn't have done it without also crate training.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, as you know with pups, it takes alot of running outside to have them go. If you are worried about the cold-put a sweater on her. Take Loki with you-usually a boy will pee anytime. If she pees on a pad-save it and take it outside. If her smell is on it, she may use it outside, or get "motivated" to pee. It will take alot of going out, but it usually is easier, when there is another dog who will pee.If she won't pee when Loki is out-then take her alone. Sometimes they just want to play. Silly Loki-he will be going backwards and using the pads!! You'll probably have to take her out about every 15 minutes, after they play, after she eats-on and on.....what they say about them going according to their age as pups, never worked for me!

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
We are getting the potty training down :) the hard part is she doesn't stop crying. Little diva will go for hours were hoping it will get easier as time goes by because mommy daddy and big brother haven't been sleeping much

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Does Loki sleep in a crate? When I had 2 pups, they slept in one crate-when they outgrew it, I put them each in their own crate-facing each other, they never even cried at all. Or put her crate where she can see him-or if not, try covering the crate.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
When we got Brutus last year we got a gigantic snow storm a few days later. I just bundled him up in his jacket and proceeded with potty training outside as usual. My neighbors got a big kick out of my repeating good poopy good pee pee in a foot and a half of snow. Of course we had to snow blow the grass for him he was only 8wks old. I never used pee pee pads. I was always afraid it would confuse him.

OP
Lokismom

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Does Loki sleep in a crate? When I had 2 pups, they slept in one crate-when they outgrew it, I put them each in their own crate-facing each other, they never even cried at all. Or put her crate where she can see him-or if not, try covering the crate.
We thought about crating together but Loki gets hot really fast and doesn't like to cuddle at all lol she has been good during the night only really crying when she needs to go potty but during the day she cries and I am sure it isn't a short thing. Loki roams free she I kenneled in the office because we are worried that she will see him and be upset and he won't sleep because he is worried about her.

- - - Updated - - -

When we got Brutus last year we got a gigantic snow storm a few days later. I just bundled him up in his jacket and proceeded with potty training outside as usual. My neighbors got a big kick out of my repeating good poopy good pee pee in a foot and a half of snow. Of course we had to snow blow the grass for him he was only 8wks old. I never used pee pee pads. I was always afraid it would confuse him.

That's the hard part she was pee pad trained because it has been disgustingly cold out we shovel off the deck put her coat on her she does her business then right back inside

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.