Help me prepare!

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
So the litter is due today, I have second pick of the males. I am freaking out.
Anyways, the breeder sends the babies home with a bag of food, toys, blanket, porter and a harness with a matching leash. First of all, I will be switching to a new food pronto. She feeds Iams puppy- which I don't have any experience with but from everything I've read- I cringe thinking about feeding that to any dog! A local feed store has Fromm for an incredible price. I'm thinking Fromm gold puppy since my mastiff is doing good on the adult version. It sounds like all I need is bowls and some more toys, possibly a bed. I was hoping you guys could recommend some of your favorite products for your bully babies. I have looked at the Great Products board but I didn't find what I was looking for. I know I need to get some tough chew toys like Kong, Nylabone, maybe antler chews or something. Any recommendations? I added some MalAcetic wipes to the cart, I'm sure a wet wash cloth would do the trick but maybe these will work better? I've seen you guys talk about them a lot so I figure they must be good. I feel like I'm having another baby- I'm clueless.

Thanks for reading through all of my rambling, I'm sure you all understand the feeling! I hate waiting. Ugh. :)

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
Sounds like you are ready. All you need is your baby! Fromm puppy is a great start. Just do a slow transition from what the breeder was feeding. Fromm puppy has chicken in it which doesn't agree with a lot of bully's . Stella had horrible gas and loose stools on it. We switched her to adult fromm at about 5 months old. She is doing much better with pork and peas and beef frittata as well. Best of luck! Can't wait to see pics! Oh, and I see you are from PGH. I'm from penn hills originally. My in laws live in Baldwin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:welcome4:Hi and welcome to you and Chip. There is a really great article on the Home Page, under the heading Welcoming Home your New Puppy. You are going to love this site, lots of great information, and great people who share their love of bullies. Looking forward to seeing more of you on here and please share your pictures and stories of Chip. Enjoy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... this means PUPPY PICTURES~!!!! :jumping:

You seem to be all set for the first month..... can't wait for pictures

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Best wishes...so hard waiting, but you sound like you will be ready when the time comes!

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Oh yes I can't wait for pictures ! :) congrats !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Thanks guys! Still no puppies yet, but it should be any day now. The breeder is going to send a picture of all the puppies at a day old, then at a week old, which is when we pick our pup. I know it's not a great idea to pick out a puppy before you know their temperament and such but I'm fine with the way we're doing this. I will get weekly pictures and progress reports, so you guys will be getting lots of pictures :)

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Oooh congratulations on nearly bein a new bully mum! You sound all set and ready to go! Cant wait to see the pics. Have you got any names?

If you're 100% set and know youre changing the pups food to Fromm as soon as he comes home would you be able to contact the brreder and arrange for you to possibly give them some Fromm food just for your pup only for when he starts weaning? Just so you dont have to go through the whole process of changing foods slowly and upsetting his tummy? xx

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Congratulations to you! My advice: since you are all set-enjoy sleeping through the night, while you can!!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=10901]monkey10262[/MENTION]

First thing I want to say is do not switch your puppy over to a new food right away. He'll be nervous enough so try to at least keep him on the same food for a little while. We kept Blue on his original food for about a month then slowly switched over.
It was good advice. The move to a new home is tough enough, try to keep the things he's used to for a little while.

Also, I started a thread asking the same thing before we got Blue and this was my list:

1. 36” Crate, Doggie gate, old towels and blanket for crate, doggie bed for the living room.

2. A ton of Kong and Nylabone toys and a few stuffed animals.
3. A collar and leash (forgot the doggie tags but getting those tomorrow).
4. Brush
5. Ordered NuVet because apparently my breeder does use it.
6. Ordered the food he’s on and should get it next week. She’s giving me a 10lb bag when I pick him up.
7. Snout Soother, Witch Hazel Pads and a 16 oz bottle, Mal-a-Ket wipes and DermaPet Malacetic Otic AP - 16 oz, Cotton balls, Desitin Diaper Rash ointment, Neosporin, Lemon juice.

Here's a link to the thread with some good recommendations as well:

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...cking-up-Blue-this-Sunday-(warning-lost-post)

OP
monkey10262

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
As far as names go, we have a few in mind but nothing certain. I used Chip for my profile because that was a name on the list I chose randomly. :p I emailed the breeder a few days ago about the Fromm actually. If anything- I will probably wait until his bag of Iams is almost gone, then start slowly switching him over. That's the plan anyways.

I read through that link- I think I am set. I have nail clippers, diaper rash cream, bag balm, etc.. The only thing I actually need to pick up is the bowls and some puppy shampoo. How do you all like Tropiclean?

tcgurlie

Jan 17, 2014
I use gNc brand shampoo! It works well! Congrats on your soon to be bully baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online