STINKY...Keel over farts!!! Any cures or suggestions?

Kansascitymama

Jan 11, 2014
Northern, VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Beefy & Miss. Dutchess McWigglesworth
Mr. Beefy knocks the boots off our entire family! The fumes from his farts linger for what seems to be a lifetime...Truly smells like a fresh :poo: !!! I am RAW feeding, but is there anything I can add to his diet to make his farts a little more pleasant lol? Or is this just a bully thing? ;) Update ---- More info: I have not tried plain yogurt, but I do use the apple cider vin. Mr.B's toots have smelled since I have brought him home, and at that time he was eating Purina. Mr. Beefy is only 10 weeks old.

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, Angie, I was going to say that smelly farts and gas are usually a sign of a food issue, but I'm not familiar with raw feeding, so don't know if that would be the cause. I'm sure some members who have experience with raw feeding will come along soon to give you some advice. The only thing I can think of is that it could still be an allergy to one of the Ingredients in his raw food? Do you buy his food ready made, or do you make your own raw? He could have an allergy or sensitivity to one of the proteins such as chicken or salmon. A lot of bullies have this. You could also try to add some plain unsweetened yogurt to his food to give him the probiotics, this is excellent for digestion, and it boosts the immune system. You can also add 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar to his drinking water everyday, there are a lot of health benefits to ACV, there is an article on the benefits of ACV on the Home Forum that you can read.

Last edited:
OP
Kansascitymama

Kansascitymama

Jan 11, 2014
Northern, VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi, Angie, I was going to say that smelly farts and gas are usually a sign of a food issue, but I'm not familiar with raw feeding, so don't know if that would be the cause. I'm sure some members who have experience with raw feeding will come along soon to give you some advice. The only thing I can think of is that it could still be an allergy to one of the I gradients in his raw food? Do you buy his food ready made, or do you make your own raw? He could have an allergy or sensitivity to one of the proteins such as chicken or salmon. A lot of bullies have this. You could also try to add some plain unsweetened yogurt to his food to give him the probiotics, this is excellent for digestion, and it boosts the immune system. You can also add 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar to his drinking water everyday, there are a lot of health benefits to ACV, there is an article on the benefits of ACV on the Home Forum that you can read.

His poo is normal and his farts have smelled like that since the day I brought the fellow home lol Mr.B is only 10 weeks old... At that time he was on Purina. I am feeding him RAW human grade that I purchase. Thank you for the feedback. :)

OP
Kansascitymama

Kansascitymama

Jan 11, 2014
Northern, VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forgot to add I am doing the apple cider vin.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Angie, I think it is a food related issue, something he is eating is not agreeing with him, whether it's the protien source like chicken, or something else in his raw food. Plus he was on Purina brand of dogfood, which is not a very good quality food. How long have you had Mr Beefy? Since he's so young, you probably have had him only a few weeks, and you switched his food, so that may also be causing him the gas issue. It hasn't been that long on the new food. It can take a whole month before the old food leaves their systems, and you see any improvements.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hi Angie, I think it is a food related issue, something he is eating is not agreeing with him, whether it's the protien source like chicken, or something else in his raw food. Plus he was on Purina brand of dogfood, which is not a very good quality food. How long have you had Mr Beefy? Since he's so young, you probably have had him only a few weeks, and you switched his food, so that may also be causing him the gas issue. It hasn't been that long on the new food. It can take a whole month before the old food leaves their systems, and you see any improvements.

Agree with Monica, probably not on raw long enough to help yet, he's still clearing GRAINS
out of system. If continues, look into chicken allergy (be sure to feed NON inhanced chicken).
You could out about 1/2 tsp of plain yogurt on top of food. Give him another 3-4 weeks and
report back~GOD bless!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It could be just from the transition still. I would buy some probiotics to settle his stomach.

Lisa Marie Mayer

Feb 20, 2013
michigan
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
lord igor (aka iggy pup), bones and blue
a daily dose of probiotic and emzymes and the occasional bowl of kefir does the trick over here. our bully never has stinky gas. good luck.

OP
Kansascitymama

Kansascitymama

Jan 11, 2014
Northern, VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am going to head to Whole foods on monday and get some probiotics and Plain yogurt. I will let everyone know in a few weeks how he is adjusting to the additions. TY.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Add just one item at the time, so you know if any one thing is working. If you give more than one you don't know what did the trick. That goes for everything new in a bullys diet.

SpikeS

Oct 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Are stinky farts really a side effect of the food? Spike gets smelly farts in the late evenings all the time. May need to switch foods if that is the situation

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Are stinky farts really a side effect of the food? Spike gets smelly farts in the late evenings all the time. May need to switch foods if that is the situation

They can be. Depends on what food you are feeding them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
stay with raw- it does take time to clean the system. Yogart is great. There may be something that does not work in the veg area. If veg is high fiber perhaps delete that one, or cut back.
Process of eliminaton.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.