brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I just noticed blood in Brutus' left ear. I tried to hold him down and look with a flash light and I think I see something in there that looks like a blood blister?? I called the vet and they don't think it's emergent so I have an appt for Monday. I can't stand to see blood anywhere on his body. He doesn't seem to be in pain at all. He is acting normal. Has anyone experienced anything like this?? I'm going to be sick to my stomach all weekend.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm sorry Rosalie… I'm sure Brutus is going to be fine!!! Bella would get blood on her from time to time… I swear these dogs are going to push us off the "sanity cliff"… it's ALWAYS something… LMAO!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It is always something, it'll be ok just keep an eye on it. Blood does the same thing to me I wig out when I see it.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Rosalie, I think he will be okay over the weekend. It's you, on the other hand that i'm worried about... :ohmy: !! But try to not worry. I have cleaned out Tate's ear before and there was blood on the tissue and i freaked out too. He later got seen by the vet, they cleaned his ears and he got some antibiotics. Like Phil said, just keep an eye on it for now. :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could just be a pimple... heck, I get them in my own ear, rinse it with some peroxide, and he will shake it out.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
If he's acting fine, "try" not to worry too much. Could just be a pimple or a cyst that broke. From what I've read, they're pretty common.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Has Brutus been scratching his ear?. It could be a hematoma, which is not serious-(like a blood blister under the skin. if he was scratching-or while playing he could have gotten bitten. Take it easy, all will be okay.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@Brutus77...Take it easy, Honey...breathe in...breathe out...repeat for 20 minutes :)

The gang (I love y'all) has you covered, you'd know if he was hurting or it was major
trauma in his ear, I don't think it is either. Try to get flashlight & Hubby and look into the
ear and see what's going on. It might not be Vet worthy unless swollen, has pus or red.
Blood is probably a scratch or blood blister like Lynn suggested. Love you & pack <3

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was thinking the same, that maybe in their craziness Frankie grabbed him by accident. They are always rolling around together. The vet said he will be fine as long as the whole ear itself doesn't start to swell. Ugh, it of course had to be the week that the mortgage went out. Oh well no extras this week :facepalm:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Rosalie, try not to worry. Is it a lot of blood or just a little? Can you see the source of the blood? I agree with everyone's comments that it's likely a blood blister, or pimple, but he might just have scratched his ear. If the blood seems to be coming from inside the ear, then he could have a ear infection. the vet will Be able to determine that by looking in his ears. Dont worry too much. He'll be fine.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok so upon closer and calmer inspection, it looks like it could possibly be alot of wax which is weird because his ears are always clean. Maybe an ear infection that's draining? definetly does not look like blood.

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Is it a bump or lump? Could it be a tick? Sounds crazy for January but I pulled a tick off Gus' ear three days ago.

edited to clarify it was nearly inside his ear, not on the outside

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.