Rooney Problems - Nervous/possibly abused

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
She is a cute gal! I see HOPE in her eyes. It will take time, but when she starts to trust you, you will be so rewarded with love.

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
She is lovely , wishing you both the best .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Did you get a crate? How did she do last night?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shamrock13

Sep 4, 2013
Absecon, New Jersey
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
What a sweet, sweet, baby. Rooney's story breaks my heart and angers me at the same time. I would be having the Humane Society or whatever organization investigates animal cruelty in Arkansas checking this breeder out. I once took in a beautiful Shepard/Huskie mix who was also ignored and abused . She turned out to be the most loyal and gentle dog who would protect you with her life if she thought you were in danger. I can still remember how timid and frightened she was when I first got her. Through love and patience she learned how to trust me and was always by my side. She lived to be about fourteen years old and was able to spend about seven of those years with me. I still tear up thinking and writing about her now and have her ashes. I will place her ashes along with my other dogs ashes in my special spot in our yard under "The Rainbow Bridge Plague" that I recently purchased to honor all of the wonderful dogs I have had the honor to own. Hugs and kisses to your little girl Rooney. Please keep us updated on her progress and please don't give up on her. Shamrock13 and Hooch

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
She is beautiful. I think you have gotten some great advice. I do think an open door crate is a good idea. It is someplace she can go if she wants to feel safe. I think with time she will open up to you and you'll have a sweet little girl!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You have received such awesome advice! I just wanted to say THANK YOU for rescuing Rooney and giving her so much love. She is indeed a beautiful girl. All the best to you and keep us posted please. :)

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Rooney is adorable. I've not had a rescue, but you've had advice from some of the best...I would think that patience and kindness are the keys. Sweet baby!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
aww Rooney is a doll - she reminds me of our Karly - is there any update on her progress? I really hope she has settled in a bit.

OP
P

peky0401

Jan 31, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rooney
Thank you for all the feedback everyone it has been great! I have not gone the crate route just yet, took her to camp bow wow for some play time and doggy pampering over the weekend, she's soft like a teddy bear now. She seems to be warming up a little or at least liking the attention a "little" more. Still think I will try the crate route, just a little nervous she will hid in there and I will lose the progress made so far. Decisions decisions

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
So glad she is doing better! That's awesome! Crate souds like a good idea too. Since going to camp bow wow, she sounds better. Do you take her for walks everyday? THis would probably wear her out and settle her nervous energy a bit and bound with you more. Keep us posted!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
So glad she is doing better! That's awesome! Crate souds like a good idea too. Since going to camp bow wow, she sounds better. Do you take her for walks everyday? THis would probably wear her out and settle her nervous energy a bit and bound with you more. Keep us posted!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for all the feedback everyone it has been great! I have not gone the crate route just yet, took her to camp bow wow for some play time and doggy pampering over the weekend, she's soft like a teddy bear now. She seems to be warming up a little or at least liking the attention a "little" more. Still think I will try the crate route, just a little nervous she will hid in there and I will lose the progress made so far. Decisions decisions

What at great news.... Baby steps, not too much change at once can be overwhelming for her. Keep up the great work

OP
P

peky0401

Jan 31, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rooney
As far as the walks I dont think she was ever on a leash before we got her, she's getting better but not great. I can let her outside and she roams around a little bit/goes potty and comes back in. Problem with the walks right now is we are in Minnesota and have had records low temps this year, it's basically been below zero here since the beginning of December. When it gets like this here there isnt much you can do outside. There is hope though next week they are talking 20's and 30's, to us that's almost shorts weather at this point!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.